Newest Member
    joxey
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2017

buckeyefan1

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

GFS run is about to be epic... 1050mb+ high moving in tandem with surface low.... should be a mega-CAD setup.

I love that you and I have been in the same boat with this, along with Grit, Pack and a couple other people. All we need is WOW now to chime in and join and bring the good ju-ju. This is a MEGA setup people and a lot of people are doubting it in some instances.

3 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

I love that you and I have been in the same boat with this, along with Grit, Pack and a couple other people. All we need is WOW now to chime in and join and bring the good ju-ju. This is a MEGA setup people and a lot of people are doubting it in some instances.

I'm more concerned with no storm/supression than I am something cutting to our north, but just looking at all the guidance, I think we're in a really good situation for a winter-storm.

Just now, packbacker said:

If that SER was weaker all the energy comes out and it's probably even bigger...my guess.

Yep. You weaken that ridge a tick and we have a classic, "as good as it gets" setup for a major winter storm. Just wish we could have more snow and less ice for all. This could be a debilitating ice storm in this (potential) setup.

I am just amazed and thoroughly impressed with the banana high type 1053 high pressure that slides in direct tandem with this system. The models will most DEFINITELY be way off on temps. You have copious amounts of moisture overriding the cold dome. Going to be epic if this depiction comes to fruition. Just lends more credence to the GEFS and the EPS for the last several days. CMC to an extent as well. Yes I am giddy about this if you cannot tell lol.

Just now, Orangeburgwx said:

South Carolina getting a screw job... I think those temps are going to be colder

Orange, do not read into thermals right now. You have a mega high pressure system funneling in cold air. If this comes to fruition, just wait and you will see CAD doing its dirty work as we progress closer. NAM is the tool that is great in these setups and is always closest to reality.

13 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

Well I liked the pattern and thought it was better than average, but I pulled a Ji yesterday when the models pulled back a bit and said we needed a reboot.  We got the reboot, but I deserve a spanking for bailing early...wait, we don't give spankings nowdays

11 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

I'm more concerned with no storm/supression than I am something cutting to our north, but just looking at all the guidance, I think we're in a really good situation for a winter-storm.

I would agree.  I’ve told a few other Mets this today.  Watch for this to be more suppressed if the timing is off and it ejects right when the high and the 50/50 low are in the wrong spots 

4 minutes ago, griteater said:

Well I liked the pattern and thought it was better than average, but I pulled a Ji yesterday when the models pulled back a bit and said we needed a reboot.  We got the reboot, but I deserve a spanking for bailing early...wait, we don't give spankings nowdays

Unless you pay for em! ;)

This is looking good at about 7 ish days out ! I'll take a good ice storm, if it's what I can get

24 minutes ago, mrdaddyman said:

GFS not cold enough yet but it is getting there.

It will closer we get and have ice down into GA/SC thanks to CAD. Glad to see the gfs op get on board with the building consensus of all other models.

Telling yall we are going to get a double shot. This one and I fully expect another shortwave to be coming a few days latter on its heels with a good shot of keeping the confluence set up right to our north. 

1 minute ago, NCSNOW said:

It will closer we get and have ice down into GA/SC thanks to CAD. Glad to see the gfs op get on board with the building consensus of all other models.

Telling yall we are going to get a double shot. This one and I fully expect another shortwave to be coming a few days latter on its heels with a good shot of keeping the confluence set up right to our north. 

I mean this in the nicest possible way, but we are all like Charlie Brown with the football.  Tomorrow Lucy will yank the football, and all the models will show nothing (probably).

Archived