joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2017

buckeyefan1

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The notion that a low moves a high out of the way is erroneous.  What usually happens is that the progged upper air pattern allows the high to retreat, and the low follows.

Sometimes that is close to the true outcome and sometimes it is not.  My expectation is that the upper air pattern will not let the high pressure(s) leave so rapidly, and you will see the low correct south and east and take on the typical Miller B look.  I could be wrong, but that’s what I expect.

2 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

The notion that a low moves a high out of the way is erroneous.  What usually happens is that the progged upper air pattern allows the high to retreat, and the low follows.

Sometimes that is close to the true outcome and sometimes it is not.  My expectation is that the upper air pattern will not let the high pressure(s) leave so rapidly, and you will see the low correct south and east and take on the typical Miller B look.  I could be wrong, but that’s what I expect.

This, we are all waiting to see what truly happens.  Would have to be one amphetamined HP to do that so quickly and let the LP jackknife up like that.  imho.

Archived