Newest Member
    joxey
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2017

buckeyefan1

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jonathan said:

Wow, that's actually a pretty decent look when you mesh them all together. You can clearly see similarities. What's the link to look back on old setups? Thanks pack!

https://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/data/composites/day/

this is a another one for surface

http://meteocentre.com/reanalyses/get_reanalyses.php?mod=ncep&yyyy=2014&mm=02&dd=10&run=18&lang=en&area=na

I’m going to MaddaMesquite lake in NC (not sure of the spelling) never been there or duck hunting for that matter, Jan. 7-9 So if there’s going to be a winter storm in my neck of the woods I fully expect it then!! I think it’s close to Washington NC? So my date for winter storm here is Jan. 7-9 lol

2 minutes ago, BIG FROSTY said:

I’m going to MaddaMesquite lake in NC (not sure of the spelling) never been there or duck hunting for that matter, Jan. 7-9 So if there’s going to be a winter storm in my neck of the woods I fully expect it then!! I think it’s close to Washington NC? So my date for winter storm here is Jan. 7-9 lol

cancel trip.  Its for the birds

3 minutes ago, shahroz98 said:

Atlanta's out on this one

Huh? GFS is giving atlanta a crippling ice-storm on this run.  Don't look at GFS surface temps in a classic Damming situation like what's being depicted, they'll be WAYYY off.

Secondly,  The GFS is basically the most amped model for the storm... so if we're talking a further south weaker track.... then that opens the door for more wintery weather further south.

Just now, burrel2 said:

Huh? GFS is giving atlanta a crippling ice-storm on this run.  Don't look at GFS surface temps in a classic Damming situation like what's being depicted, they'll be WAYYY off.

Im new to tracking the whole CAD thing. I can't really tell how far the extent of wintry precip is unless i see the pinkish stuff on the modeled runs. Newbie (:

The high position being depicted here is very similar to a huge CAD bust I remember back in college in the Early 2000's.  No forecast had ice for the upstate or GA the day before and it wound up being a crippling storm. I wish I could remember the date so I could look it up.

Archived