• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    snowmaker
    Newest Member
    snowmaker

Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

3 hours ago, superjames1992 said:

Feels a lot like that for the Triad to me.  Usually mix with a lot of sleet in these storms.  I think 6-8" is a good call.

Or maybe I'm just vindictive and bitter since I live in Florida now and the Triad looks in line for a good storm.  I don't know!

I'm also expecting our usual 6-8 with a little of everything mixed in. This doesn't feel like an all snow setup. Or even mostly snow.

• Like 1

I just, after 9+ years of lurking/occasionally posting, learned how to read a sounding. For some reason, I never realized the degree lines were diagonal. I'm normally a fairly bright guy, I swear.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, SnowDeac said:

Shame on the glutton VA posters that always cash in pulling for the freaking NAM to devastate us southern folks. SHAME!

happens every storm and then it trends away from us and snow crushes va and the mtns.

I'm throwing in the towel for my back yard. I'll be lucky to get a dusting of sleet and a glaze of ice Sunday morning before melting that afternoon.

I'm traveling to my in-law's house on the NC/SC border at 3000 feet in the morning though. Figure we will get smoked there!

5 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

I'm throwing in the towel for my back yard. I'll be lucky to get a dusting of sleet and a glaze of ice Sunday morning before melting that afternoon.

I'm traveling to my in-law's house on the NC/SC border at 3000 feet in the morning though. Figure we will get smoked there!

Me too. It’s over. 

Yeah, Lucy is lurking with the football for Charlotte proper and south/east as well. Will be in Denver/Stanley on Sunday though, and they should do much better.

Just now, buckeyefan1 said:

No clue  :(   The last few pages were painful to read :mellow:

I mean it's pretty clear now, and the forums are being watched like crazy. Guess the servers have to go down a few times before they pull the trigger? 

10 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

Just when I was ready to throw in the towel, the fv3 pulls me back in!

lol

Yep hope that run is on to something!

Same thing time after time. Models underestimate the warm layer and the sleet line advances north and everyone vents on here because they didn't get their GFS 2 feet. Sometimes you need to apply common sense and realize this is the Carolina's. end of rant. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, strongwxnc said:

Rock solid for some many days man. Argh....
Beat the streak!

It is amazing how consistent it has been the past few days.

2 hours ago, burgertime said:

How in the world are we not in storm mode? 

I hereby proclaim storm mode.  Who wants to be a mod?

• Like 1