Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Southeast Sanitarium - A Place to Vent

Jonathan

Just now, weatherheels said:

Can I just get a foot, please.  Every year I ask Santa for the same thing, just a foot of snow.  Dude has never come through before.  Maybe this is the one?    I smell a 6" snow topped off with some sleet and ZR.  Hope I'm wrong, which is usually the case.  

Feels a lot like that for the Triad to me.  Usually mix with a lot of sleet in these storms.  I think 6-8" is a good call.

Or maybe I'm just vindictive and bitter since I live in Florida now and the Triad looks in line for a good storm.  I don't know!

1 hour ago, Jonathan said:

Seriously though, are we still in this? I mean I'm further south than you but I still cant help but to feel it's slipping away. Guess for SWVA it's 3K NAM/ICON/RGEM vs 12K NAM and the globals?

LOL, you guys always do this in SW VA, then after that last minute NW jog end up getting 8-16" all snow while the areas south of the state line turn over to a raging sleet storm. :devilsmiley:

I think the southern part of NC, far NE Georgia, and far NW Virginia will see an ice storm.  In NC, it will start as snow/sleet, but the southern part will change over to rain/ice.  The southern part of NC will change over to snow later in the event.  The southern mountains will be quicker to change to snow.  The NW mountains and far northern NC will stay snow the entire event.  

47 minutes ago, superjames1992 said:

LOL, you guys always do this in SW VA, then after that lead minute NW jog end up getting 8-16" all snow while the areas south of the state line turn over to a raging sleet storm. :devilsmiley:

Meh, I get sleeted on too sometimes. If we lose the EURO this afternoon, it's officially worry time for real.

Currently hugging the 3k NAM/RGEM/CMC/ICON...that's perfectly reasonable, right?!

Just now, Jonathan said:

Meh, I get sleeted on too sometimes. If we lose the EURO this afternoon, it's officially worry time for real.

Currently hugging the 3k NAM/RGEM/CMC/ICON...that's perfectly reasonable, right?!

The GFS FV3 still gives us around a foot too. I think we are ok for 4-8 at least for now. Euro may say otherwise. The CMC and RGEM came north and the GFS did slightly too from its far south run

1 hour ago, Jonathan said:

Seriously though, are we still in this? I mean I'm further south than you but I still cant help but to feel it's slipping away. Guess for SWVA it's 3K NAM/ICON/RGEM vs 12K NAM and the globals?

I think you will see some decent snow, probably at least warning criteria for sure. It's gonna be really close up here.

Curse anyone?

Bought a snow shovel, ice melt and a new sled yesterday. 

Sorry CLT nerds..know I’ve cursed the Queen City.  Had to be done. If I get any snow/ice, my sidewalk stays icy for at least a week. So, I went all in. As usual, when I need it, they are already all gone.  Even bought the kid a new snow disc. Might as well do it all at once.

Sorry in advance.

i might take the fam to Sugar to do some skiing.

•  

1 hour ago, WarmNose said:

I can’t wait to waste the first 2.25” of precip to rain. Backend freezing drizzle will suffice I guess. At least Landrum is a short drive :scooter:

Yeah, we'll see a token snowflake or sleet pellet just to torture us a little more, then get heavy rain at 33 the rest of the time. :raining: If anyone in NC has power, maybe they can post some snow pics so we can see what it looks like!  :snowwindow:Or have to take a trip up Caeser's Head. Stinks livin south of the border when you want snow! :weep:

• Sad 1

Just now, Iceagewhereartthou said:

Yeah, we'll see a token snowflake or sleet pellet just to torture us a little more, then get heavy rain at 33 the rest of the time. :raining: If anyone in NC has power, maybe they can post some snow pics so we can see what it looks like!  :snowwindow:Or have to take a trip up Caeser's Head. Stinks livin south of the border when you want snow! :weep:

:hug: 

3 hours ago, superjames1992 said:

Feels a lot like that for the Triad to me.  Usually mix with a lot of sleet in these storms.  I think 6-8" is a good call.

Or maybe I'm just vindictive and bitter since I live in Florida now and the Triad looks in line for a good storm.  I don't know!

I'm also expecting our usual 6-8 with a little of everything mixed in. This doesn't feel like an all snow setup. Or even mostly snow.

• Like 1

• jburns unpinned this topic