Total Members
    Most Online
    Bobby Orr
    Newest Member
    Bobby Orr
North Balti Zen

Thread for 12/14 potential dusting, arctic air, and 12/17 potential slop

4 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

All resources are too busy responding to calls to be able to shut anything down.

they could have started last night, this is preventable, it can be done, during ,martin luther riots county and state police enfrced a curfew in balto city no vehicles in or out

Current deck view. Mix of sleet and freezing rain falling 

Walked outside to get the paper.  Heavy icing on my truck, but the driveway/sidewalk is just wet and the road was slushy but not bad.  Which is strange since it's been below freezing for 36 hours+

Measured 0.06" of ice accretion (using the branch method) at 07:30 for my spotter report in Kingstowne/SSW Franconia.  

Very light freezing drizzle now, but very slick.  While I was out with the dog, I saw one person wipe out on her steps, thinking it was just wet.

Interesting to note that per the GFS from yesterday I was supposed to be getting above freezing by 12z(8am)

1 minute ago, Kingstonian said:

Measured 0.06" of ice accretion (using the branch method) at 07:30 for my spotter report in Kingstowne/SSW Franconia.  

Very light freezing drizzle now, but very slick.  While I was out with the dog, I saw one person wipe out on her steps, thinking it was just wet.

What's your temp?

3 minutes ago, H2O said:

Interesting to note that per the GFS from yesterday I was supposed to be getting above freezing by 12z(8am)

<DT> Euro wins again! </DT>

1 minute ago, usedtobe said:

The Euro had a similar warm up, the NAM and RGEm had better temp forecasts. 

They usually do this close in.  Really surprised my temp rise stopped overnight to just a crawl. Could be nasty for a while

2 minutes ago, usedtobe said:

The Euro had a similar warm up, the NAM and RGEm had better temp forecasts. 

The new 3K NAM seems like it has real value.  RGEM has always been pretty good for winter events around here.  I'm looking forward to seeing how the new NAM does in an all-snow event.  

1/4" snow and about 0.15" ice in Reisterstown, Baltimore County as of 7:50 am.  Roads are a sheet of ice.  

1 minute ago, H2O said:

They usually do this close in.  Really surprised my temp rise stopped overnight to just a crawl. Could be nasty for a while

BWI up to 30, but DCA still at 29.  Temps warming east-to-west generally it looks like. Westminster-Frederick crew could be in this for awhile.  

Went outside to investigate, more sleet than freezing rain falling. 29/28

The drive from Inwood to Leesburg was a little sketchy but not bad as long as you aren't being stupid. Suprisingly, Loudoun co side of the mountain was worse then Clarke co. Really surprised I didn't see any wrecks or cars in the median!

1 minute ago, Kingstonian said:

The Weatherbug by the Wegmans is 26, which usually matches me.

My own temp sensor broke a couple weeks ago and I've been too busy at work to get it fixed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bummer on the temp sensor but the Wegmans is close to mine so good to see we aren't far off. Thanks

Transport of warmer air from above not happening at my locale with just frozen mist falling. Interesting to see places like NYC/LI over perform with snow that was only really showing on the RGEM

Just crossed 30 here (30.1) and there is a light glaze on everything. Had some sleet mixed in at very start but quickly went all liquid, only 0.03 melted. Nothing falling at the moment, just cloudy.

2 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Same here and I'm grateful. Freezing rains wrecks everything.

Agreed. Pleased as well with sleet.