Welcome to American Weather
North Balti Zen

Thread for 12/14 potential dusting, arctic air, and 12/17 potential slop

934 posts in this topic

Thanks for starting! I'll keep my omg I got snow posts to a minimum for fear of pitchforks heading my way this weekend

3 minutes ago, mappy said:

Thanks for starting! I'll keep my omg I got snow posts to a minimum for fear of pitchforks heading my way this weekend

Why... It looks like only people from Carroll, Baltimore, Harford and Cecil counties will be in here

Why... It looks like only people from Carroll, Baltimore, Harford and Cecil counties will be in here

Because people take snow very seriously, and wouldn't be the first time I've had someone get mad at me for getting snow while they didn't.

4 minutes ago, mappy said:

Because people take snow very seriously, and wouldn't be the first time I've had someone get mad at me for getting snow while they didn't.

Well they should move further out in the country and commute a little further if they like snow that much.  That is what I did.

I encourage Mappy to post snow totals. It will help with the subforum redistricting map that's under construction. 

Don't disown me :(

Fwiw, nam looks good for tonight, for some.

Old NAM or new hotness 3km NAM?

I looked at both, 4km had more precip, but even 3km looked okay. Was weird though, surface temps below 32 but sim radar was showing rain. Wouldn't be tho, upper levels were cold

Would never disown. You'll be able to post anytime you want as an outside visitor. 

Haha, sounds good. I can accept that. Besides, without me, you'd have no end of season map ;)

Just now, mappy said:

Haha, sounds good. I can accept that. Besides, without me, you'd have no end of season map ;)

This season's map is going to be one of your easiest ones. 0-12" wont have too many contours.  

This season's map is going to be one of your easiest ones. 0-12" wont have too many contours.  

We said that last year and it turned out just fine.

Just now, mappy said:

Bob has been threatening it for years, so far I'm still welcome

Hahaha!  I see...concentrate all the snow areas in a few smaller districts, and the rest of us get nothing!

1 minute ago, NorthArlington101 said:

12Z NAM looks fine for those with low expectations on 12/17... It's certainly close to not being awful. Need 850s not to run away quite to fast.

Actually, I take that back. Looks like a trend in the wrong direction.

12z NAM shows 2-3 inches... we buy