joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Disco & Obs for first region wide snow event 12/05

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First flakes here in AUG at 10:40, steady -SN arrived about 11:15, then -SN/SN since, an inch or so of fluff that allowed the walks to be cleared using a leaf blower.  Smaller flakes atm, might be winding down though 2" is in play.  Echoes looked better here than over the house, and temps low-mid 20s both places, 1st sub-30 max of the season.

41 minutes ago, donsutherland1 said:

Very low bar.

Haha yup.  I've already had two events now in my yard that exceeded the largest one from last year and its only December 5th, ha.

Finished with 4.8" here after one final burst of the largest dendrites of the event. 

No way I would've believed we'd get this much...but as BTV said, a nice overperforming warm front that left a widespread 2-6" across their CWA.

37 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Haha yup.  I've already had two events now in my yard that exceeded the largest one from last year and its only December 5th, ha.

Finished with 4.8" here after one final burst of the largest dendrites of the event. 

No way I would've believed we'd get this much...but as BTV said, a nice overperforming warm front that left a widespread 2-6" across their CWA.

Oh I thought this was your only 4+ event this year?

28 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Oh I thought this was your only 4+ event this year?

No there was that upslope event in November where we actually verified warning criteria snow (6" or more in 12 hours).

The heaviest ended up on the east slope and in the RT 100 corridor with 6-8" from Waterbury through Stowe and then straight up through the east side of Jay Peak.  I had around 7" similar to those 7" amounts just south of here in Waterbury on the map.

Today's snow, the November upslope, along with other nickels and dimes has me at 19.2" on the season so far at home.  Already approaching 50% of last year's seasonal total on December 5th lol.

Nov_22_Snowfall.png

13 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

No there was that upslope event in November where we actually verified warning criteria snow (6" or more in 12 hours).

The heaviest ended up on the east slope and in the RT 100 corridor with 6-8" from Waterbury through Stowe and then straight up through the east side of Jay Peak.  I had around 7" similar to those 7" amounts just south of here in Waterbury on the map.

Today's snow, the November upslope, along with other nickels and dimes has me at 19.2" on the season so far at home.  Already approaching 50% of last year's seasonal total on December 5th lol.

Nov_22_Snowfall.png

Oh right. Completely forgot. Duh. That's great. Good start.

Archived