Newest Member
    joxey
Disco & Obs for first region wide snow event 12/05

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I will say that the trend through the rest of the day looks to be forcing weakens. Isentropic lift was actually pretty stout this morning (and sure enough we have had 1/4 +SN reports). But into the afternoon isentropic flow becomes more parallel to pressure rather than upslope. That's basically a loss of stronger WAA.

You can watch the regional radar presentation become more disorganized with time as this happens too.

Well there is also the massive radar hole that is wintertime E and N Vermont.

2 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I will say that the trend through the rest of the day looks to be forcing weakens. Isentropic lift was actually pretty stout this morning (and sure enough we have had 1/4 +SN reports). But into the afternoon isentropic flow becomes more parallel to pressure rather than upslope. That's basically a loss of stronger WAA.

You can watch the regional radar presentation become more disorganized with time as this happens too.

1000z.jpeg

1400z.jpeg

That initial thump was modeled well. Really messed up the rds in nrn MA. Good WAA burst as you said. 

21 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That initial thump was modeled well. Really messed up the rds in nrn MA. Good WAA burst as you said. 

$hitshow up here.  Roads are awful.  I still haven't tried to get into work as 213 has been a parking lot all morning.

15 minutes ago, dryslot said:

1-2" was all this system was suppose to be for most with some lucky soul seeing 3", I think its right on pace for this

Given the way echoes are becoming disorganized, and Chris' post, I'll be happy if we get even 1" at my place.  Lots of dry air to suck the life out of the first hours of precip.

3 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

We're snowing quite nicely at GYX. Looks like ratios aren't half bad to make up for the lack of forcing relative to NH and MA.

Seems like it blossomed a bit, maybe in response to s/w sort of shearing out, but moving east...maybe a little inflow from GOM? heights fall quite nicely there in response to the s/w diving ESE.

12 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Given the way echoes are becoming disorganized, and Chris' post, I'll be happy if we get even 1" at my place.  Lots of dry air to suck the life out of the first hours of precip.

Looks like i just went to SN here as the heavier echoes have moved overhead, Temps won't be a problem.......lol

13 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Seems like it blossomed a bit, maybe in response to s/w sort of shearing out, but moving east...maybe a little inflow from GOM? heights fall quite nicely there in response to the s/w diving ESE.

HRRR did have some injection off the GoM this afternoon. But this seems to be a little more fgen related. It's a pretty chilly air mass off to the NE.

Archived