Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Disco & Obs for first region wide snow event 12/05

Damage In Tolland

8 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Hi Res NAM seems to like some enhancement for maybe 2-3 hours in eastern  areas after noon.  I think overall Kevin has actually depicted this well.

Most of the mesos show a nice little convergence zone from roughly CT river on east..that helps enhance things a bit. I think that will help you guys further east grab more as it tries to shear. Let's hope you can pull 2"

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

RGEM bumping up too. Widespread 1-2. If the low level warming is underestimated a tad near 925, gonna be some 2" totals closer to the coast. 

Nice to see the bumps.

Nothing wrong with pumps and  a bump. Please hammer..don't hurt em.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNz225f1230

There's two areas that might get a little boost...one is a bit east as it exits stage right and the other is probably a little north closer to the vortmax track. 

But we will have to watch radar as things can pop anywhere. But I personally wouldn't be surprised to see a stripe closer to vortmax and then maybe a bit of injection as it moves east. 

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

There's two areas that might get a little boost...one is a bit east as it exits stage right and the other is probably a little north closer to the vortmax track. 

But we will have to watch radar as things can pop anywhere. But I personally wouldn't be surprised to see a stripe closer to vortmax and then maybe a bit of injection as it moves east. 

I would agree. Probably a nice Currier and Ives deal in NNE.

36 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

lol. 4-6". 

The one thing I'd say we need to watch is some high ratio stuff initially. Could be some great snow growth in the initial burst and this could drop a quick 2" in like 90 minutes and that's how we might get a little bust with a 4 spot. 

12 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

lol. 4-6". 

The one thing I'd say we need to watch is some high ratio stuff initially. Could be some great snow growth in the initial burst and this could drop a quick 2" in like 90 minutes and that's how we might get a little bust with a 4 spot. 

There is a pretty good initial burst near the DGZ on the hi res. Kind of like  the initial 700WF burst. 

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

There is a pretty good initial burst near the DGZ on the hi res. Kind of like  the initial 700WF burst. 

Yeah there's some ML fronto that arcs down from upstate NY through VT and into MA. Could be a nice stripe for N MA from that...hopefully it holds together and clips BOS too. 

I think further south the best will be from some LL inflow and convergence. 

4 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

This little guy is nuking nrn IL right now.

Overperformed big time in some areas pushing 10".  The short range models (HRRR/RAP) caught the trend but even they ended up being somewhat underdone with the enhanced banding.  Seemed like the northern stream wave amped up a bit as it got closer.

2 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Overperformed big time in some areas pushing 10".  The short range models (HRRR/RAP) caught the trend but even they ended up being somewhat underdone with the enhanced banding.  Seemed like the northern stream wave amped up a bit as it got closer.

The initial band is where I have been thinking of bust potential here. It won't be as dynamic as out west there but it could produce an intense band or two that drops a quick couple inches in spots and that allows them to make a 4 spot or something. 

15 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The initial band is where I have been thinking of bust potential here. It won't be as dynamic as out west there but it could produce an intense band or two that drops a quick couple inches in spots and that allows them to make a 4 spot or something. 

ORH will probably pull 1/2SM perhaps in that if some of the mesos are right. Might be a good initial thump. 

Archived