joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Banter & General Discussion/Observations

ORH_wxman

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2" of dense snow at the 1,500ft level this morning and 3" reported at 3,000ft with drifts to 4 feet, lol.

We are easily nearing 50mph gusts here in the base area.  This is wild, some of the best wind I've seen in a while at this elevation.

28F at summit and 36F at base.  All snow from what I could tell but its very dense/wet below 2,500ft.

Looked like the main accumulating snow level in this area was around 1,200-1,300ft. 

Sitting at 38.5* now.  No wind here that I'm aware of--I hadn't been looking at anything the last couple of days and didnt' realize that was going to be an issue.  It was 26* here when I came home last night at about 10:30p.m.

It sure smells like spring out there.  I just went to the woodpile and the spring smell of manure was pretty strong.

While we still had 100% coverage at my house, it is a pale ghost of what it was yesterday.  The winds and rain really did a number.  Most will be gone by the time I get home I'm guessing, but it wasn't that deep or stout.

My wife reported our driveway and road were very icy on her walk with the dog pre-dawn

Archived