Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Banter & General Discussion/Observations

ORH_wxman

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Wish the wind would keep up here so we could get some increased melting on the driveway. The S wind picks up for 10 minutes and we shoot up into the mid 40s, but then it dies off and we drop back down into the u30s. The Woodstock RWIS is 33F and 1P1 36F. Meanwhile above 1kft it's 50F+.

It's currently 54F here. Ridic. 

Just now, Lava Rock said:

Anyone ever have issues with the anemometer and wind direction not working on their Davis? Just all of the sudden stopped working yesterday.

Check your cord connection. Is it hooked up to a wireless anemometer transmitter or directly to the ISS?

Just now, CoastalWx said:

The next 6-10 days are about as warm as you'll ever see the CONUS.  You can't conjure up a better inferno. Amazing. It's really from the massive trough digging into CA, and Anti-Judah +AO/NAO ripping warmth east.

Death vortex over AK...don't leave that one out.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Death vortex over AK...don't leave that one out.

Yeah I just piled that into the AO deal. That whole area is just blue. It will change later this month, but that's pretty impressive for CONUS warmth. Looks like we get some dirty highs though later in the period.

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah I just piled that into the AO deal. That whole area is just blue. It will change later this month, but that's pretty impressive for CONUS warmth. Looks like we get some dirty highs though later in the period.

Go to the Cascades and Sierras for winter during that period...damn, what a pattern out there.

Closer to home, there is some blue bomb potential for interior and NNE in the pattern after about D7 or so...kind of blocky up in Quebec/Ontario....the airmass is putrid, but could probably support a marginal paste bomb if it the cards fell right.  

16 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Down to 36.8F and raining at the casa. Different world even compared to down here in CON.

Mid 40s and all-day mank here in Augusta.  Fortunately, the morning slug of RA stayed (mostly) north of my place and your current patch will stay south, so the pack shouldn't take as big a hit as it did yesterday.

20 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Sun is just setting here in VA with the temp hovering around 70 in mid January. So much for winter this year. I've seen maybe 3/4" cumulative for the season between here and MA. That's three quarters of an inch btw. 

Glad we don't live there....

3 hours ago, tamarack said:

Mid 40s and all-day mank here in Augusta.  Fortunately, the morning slug of RA stayed (mostly) north of my place and your current patch will stay south, so the pack shouldn't take as big a hit as it did yesterday.

Spoke too soon - still mid 40s and it's been raining in Augusta for 2+ hours, occasionally moderate.  Too dark to see if there's any brown patches showing thru, but I'd be surprised to see the lawns here still all white tomorrow.  Looks like only the northerly edge hit my home grounds.

20 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Man, what dense snow-eating fog tonight.  Rte 2 was bad enough, but once I turned off that, I had to go at a snail's pace.  I'm expecting a very different landscape in the morning.  I'm shocked there's not a dense-fog statement out.

44.6*

I had to make numerous trips across my town this evening. To see fog just gushing off of snow banks like that is so nasty 

Archived