Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October 2016 Discussion/Obs

Rtd208

1 hour ago, coastalplainsnowman said:

Based on the radar right now, it sure looks LI is going to be getting soaked for much of the day, rather than the spotty AM showers I'm reading about on Accuweather.  Figured I'd being seeing the rain leaving NW to SE.  This looks like it is doing the opposite.  

...beneficial rains out here..and it looks like it will go on all day..guess its a good

day to stay in and watch the jets lose..

KFOK only showing 0.30 so far..

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, bluewave said:

This has to be a new record for heavy precip events dumping the heaviest to our south since the spring of 2015.

Screen shot 2016-10-09 at 8.43.28 AM.png

12mPDeptNRCC.png

I'll take this pattern in February...this would have been a surprise snowfall...Upstate NY and the Poconos still get shafted but that could change...

The radar looked good yesterday evening for a bust in a good way for the area. The models were trending slightly further north with the heaviest precip.  What also helped is the direction that Matthew is going. Instead of looping around, it's going ene off of hatteras. Combine this with the cold front enhancing the precip, you have a nice little rain event.

.75 here and still raining with more to come based off the radar

54 degrees right now.

Just now, bluewave said:

The heaviest rain still went to our south with the storm. We need much more rain than this to put a dent in the drought.

I'm getting moderate rain right now. Some places up here could past 1 inch, especially on the coast and to the south in NJ.

2 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

I'm getting moderate rain right now. Some places up here could past 1 inch, especially on the coast and to the south in NJ.

That's only a small drop in the bucket compared to what we would have had if this came up the coast instead turning OTS to our south.

imageproxy.gif

1 minute ago, bluewave said:

That's only a small drop in the bucket compared to what we would have had if this came up the coast instead turning OTS to our south.

imageproxy.gif

Of course it is but no one was expecting a nice rain event last night and this morning. Looks like a wet day is on tap today ( forecast was supposed to be sunny )

7 minutes ago, doncat said:

Yeah looks like some enhancement of the rain shield on the western edge over our areas...A nice 51 degrees also.

Don,

I'm curious. I checked out your weather station as I too just added mine to WU.

Why isn't windspeed higher on the display?

Even surrounding areas show calm.

Is there a reason for this?

I have an Acurite Pro station.

Thanks !

3 minutes ago, sferic said:

Don,

I'm curious. I checked out your weather station as I too just added mine to WU.

Why isn't windspeed higher on the display?

Even surrounding areas show calm.

Is there a reason for this?

I have an Acurite Pro station.

Thanks !

My station is surrounded by woods on three sides with tall trees so even though my anemometer is on the roof (ranch house) exposure is a problem, Of course once the leaves fall my readings are much improved...I suspect many other PWS have similar problems.

Archived