Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
October 2016 Discussion/Obs

Rtd208

17 minutes ago, Isotherm said:

41F here, down from the high of 63F. 30s will be easy tonight. I'm a little surprised Mt. Holly didn't include western Monmouth in the frost advisory. I believe this is my 10th night sub 50F for the autumn.

A little odd to see south Jersey get a frost advisory before areas further north

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, bluewave said:

Both Euro and GFS agree on a dry pattern for the next week to perhaps 10 days. So drought conditions will continue...

gfs_namer_240_precip_ptot.gif

I really hope we break this dry and boring pattern soon. It really is amazing to me that for months now most of the precipitation has stayed to our south and west. It was actually nice to wake up Sunday morning and see it raining steadily when some of the rains from Matthew came a bit further north then expected. 

17 minutes ago, Rtd208 said:

I really hope we break this dry and boring pattern soon. It really is amazing to me that for months now most of the precipitation has stayed to our south and west. It was actually nice to wake up Sunday morning and see it raining steadily when some of the rains from Matthew came a bit further north then expected. 

We need a pattern change from the blocking ridge which has been suppressing systems to our south. I guess the record run of wet years from 2003 to 2011 had to end sometime. 2012 through 2016 so far has averaged much drier.

24 minutes ago, bluewave said:

We need a pattern change from the blocking ridge which has been suppressing systems to our south. I guess the record run of wet years from 2003 to 2011 had to end sometime. 2012 through 2016 so far has averaged much drier.

Hopefully we will be getting that pattern change shakeup in the next few weeks before we start heading into late fall & winter.

13 hours ago, Rtd208 said:

Hopefully we will be getting that pattern change shakeup in the next few weeks before we start heading into late fall & winter.

Recent winters have bucked the dry trend that we have seen the rest of the year. Winter total precip and snowfall has been above average while we have

tended to dry out during other seasons of the year. It has been easier to put a trough near the area during the winter with the great blocking to our north.

Archived