Newest Member
    CHSVol
Fall+Banter

Ginx snewx

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Bouncing around 79-81F for the past few hours...been a beautiful day outside.  Puffy cumulus, north breeze 5-15mph, great visibility.  Chamber brochure day.

Hopefully we get a few of these during foliage season...80F and sunny will bring all the peepers out.

I'm hoping I leave when it's mostly green and come back to some nice colors across the higher elevations of PA and when I come back the first week of October.  Warm is OK, but I hope we get some more frequent rains.  It would be nice to load up the soil in preparation for winter and next springs maple season.

15 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Bouncing around 79-81F for the past few hours...been a beautiful day outside.  Puffy cumulus, north breeze 5-15mph, great visibility.  Chamber brochure day.

Hopefully we get a few of these during foliage season...80F and sunny will bring all the peepers out.

Its a beautiful late afternoon.  Comfy and a geeat breeze.

34 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

I'm hoping I leave when it's mostly green and come back to some nice colors across the higher elevations of PA and when I come back the first week of October.  Warm is OK, but I hope we get some more frequent rains.  It would be nice to load up the soil in preparation for winter and next springs maple season.

i was thinking about that today. what happens if the drought continues through the fall and our next meaningful precipitation pattern doesn't kick in until spring? ground water has got to be struggling now, can't imagine how bad it would be if it wasn't replenished until the spring thaw.

Good 'ol zone forecast post... Mostly because I'm surprised at all the highs in the 60s next week (63F for a forecast high next Wednesday) and 40s at night given the dialog in here.  I'm assuming this must be out-to-lunch with a bunch of days next week not getting out of the 60s?

Sunday...Showers likely. Highs in the upper 60s. West winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 35 mph. Chance of rain 60 percent. 

Sunday Night...Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 40s. West winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph. 

Monday and Monday Night...Clear. Highs around 70. Lows in the upper 40s. 

Tuesday...Sunny. Highs in the mid 70s. 

Tuesday Night...Partly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers. Lows in the lower 50s. 

Wednesday...Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers. Highs in the lower 60s

Wednesday Night...Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 40s. 

Thursday...Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 60s. 

Thursday Night...Clear. Lows in the lower 40s. 

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I will say, and I think Brian mentioned this, but it does seem like I'm a degree or so cooler than similar areas that are not on a hill. Maybe it's just keeping the air mixed and not getting plumes of heat wafting up? I'll heat up quick and then once the breeze gets going, it slows.

I might be the massive flocks of parrots in your yard.

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Nice Coastal...man your son is growing up fast.  Seems like it was baby pictures not long ago.

Too fast man. He's also a weenie. It's really scary how he acts just like I did when I was 3.5yrs.  Makes me feel proud lol. He also loves the mountains. I should take him to Stowe. 

29 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Too fast man. He's also a weenie. It's really scary how he acts just like I did when I was 3.5yrs.  Makes me feel proud lol. He also loves the mountains. I should take him to Stowe. 

Not going to lie, there are several things that scare the sh*t out of me about having a kid (primarily finances, but everyone says you never completely feel financially ready for a kid) but yet having a little mini-me and being able to watch your blood grow and develop must be one helluva awesome experience.  I'm still probably at least 5 years out but my wife and I have decided its something we want to do.

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Not going to lie, there are several things that scare the sh*t out of me about having a kid (primarily finances, but everyone says you never completely feel financially ready for a kid) but yet having a little mini-me and being able to watch your blood grow and develop must be one helluva awesome experience.  I'm probably looking at a kid in the next 5-8 years.

Best experience of my life so far. Hard to describe it until you actually do it. I always heard about having kids from friends and such, but never really understood it until this year.

11 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

if i don't get any convection over the next 6 hours i'll get my first 80f low ever in september. and there's another chance tomorrow. climate change is the best

yea these warm mornings in the Summer and big snowstorms in the winter are becoming the norm...

45 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Not going to lie, there are several things that scare the sh*t out of me about having a kid (primarily finances, but everyone says you never completely feel financially ready for a kid) but yet having a little mini-me and being able to watch your blood grow and develop must be one helluva awesome experience.  I'm still probably at least 5 years out but my wife and I have decided its something we want to do.

I've  heard it all. You just adjust. Before I had Bryce I never thought I could work it out, but you just do. Your life style changes but as Will said, it's the best experience. It really is. You don't really know until you experience it.  The date nights also get way more appreciated! Lol.

48 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Best experience of my life so far. Hard to describe it until you actually do it. I always heard about having kids from friends and such, but never really understood it until this year.

Awesome man.  Its stuff like this that make me excited for the possibility.  I mean, if we love the dog this much what about a kid?  Haha.

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I've  heard it all. You just adjust. Before I had Bryce I never thought I could work it out, but you just do. Your life style changes but as Will said, it's the best experience. It really is. You don't really know until you experience it.  The date nights also get way more appreciated! Lol.

That's what a lot of my friends have told me...its funny as a lot of us at the ski resort in operations started around the same time years ago in our 20s and are in that 30-40 year old range now (I'm the youngest side of that range), and a lot of my co-workers have had kids within in the past 3-4 years (some have had 2), and everyone says exactly what you and Will have said.   Its the best experience of your life and you just adapt to it.  Everyone says you never feel "ready" or are always going to be worried about how your life will change, but once you have a kid it just sort of happens and works out because that little one becomes the most important thing in your life. 

Its like this on this board, too...there are a bunch of posters from WWBB/EUSWX/AMWX that have had children in the past few years as some of the group hits that "age".  A lot of us started posting in high school/college/grad school and its funny how once you hit that certain age it seems like a lot of your peers are having children.

3 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Local PWS shows 82.4F for the high.  That 87 was a different station that the app picked up for some reason.   I'm doubting the veracity of that 82 reading though. My car went between 84 and 87 as I drove through town. 

Hit mid to upper 80's up and down the valley today.  It was cooking between 3-6pm, however, we were also moving kegs around the brewery, so that doesn't make it feel any cooler.

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Good 'ol zone forecast post... Mostly because I'm surprised at all the highs in the 60s next week (63F for a forecast high next Wednesday) and 40s at night given the dialog in here.  I'm assuming this must be out-to-lunch with a bunch of days next week not getting out of the 60s?

Sunday...Showers likely. Highs in the upper 60s. West winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 35 mph. Chance of rain 60 percent. 

Sunday Night...Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 40s. West winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph. 

Monday and Monday Night...Clear. Highs around 70. Lows in the upper 40s. 

Tuesday...Sunny. Highs in the mid 70s. 

Tuesday Night...Partly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers. Lows in the lower 50s. 

Wednesday...Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers. Highs in the lower 60s

Wednesday Night...Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 40s. 

Thursday...Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 60s. 

Thursday Night...Clear. Lows in the lower 40s. 

no should be 80s and high humidity according to our resident snarks

Archived