Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Fall+Banter

Ginx snewx

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Best storm of the summer this morning.  Just crashing lightning, gusty winds and torrential rain.

0.90"image.jpeg

It looks like you're getting it pretty good this morning.  I'm fearing a 7-10 split with you going gangbusters to the north and the small area that passed to the south through Hampshire county may steal the good sauce.

Edit:  then again, maybe not.....

There doesn't appear to be much in the way of lightning in the area entering western MA--but it does look like a good batch of rain if it holds together.

Edit:  I'm still not seeing any lightning in the area Albany has warned.  I'm not sure why they did--looks like some heavy rain and I imagine a gust front, but no thunder.

Edit again:  I'm now warned.  Looks like the threat is wind--gusts to 60mph per the warning.  That said, if there's no lightning, does it really count as a severe thunderstorm?

Welll that was pretty much it.  Not an ounce of thunder--as I type that there was just a distant ounce of thunder--.  Still very breezy though not crazy like before.  The rain's mostly through at the moment, there might be some lighter stuff may yet move through.

The temps been knocked down 6o 63* so far.  I think it was 70 when it started.

1 minute ago, moneypitmike said:

LOL--I'm sure I lost some sticks and the pool will be a disaster.

It looks like Hippy and Lurker got it.  Hopefully it'll hold for Dave.

Some good gusts and a few minutes of rain.  Not nearly as impressive as I thought it was going to be watching the radar.

you probably had better wind up on the hill. 

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Best dynamics of the summer that I can recall there. Not surprised.

Yeah that was pretty fun there for a bit. 

Finished with around an inch of rain.  Very squall-like as even the follow up showers had gusty winds with them.

Always have to like the early AM storms, too...has to have good dynamics to produce like that at 6-8am.

6 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Some good gusts and a few minutes of rain.  Not nearly as impressive as I thought it was going to be watching the radar.

you probably had better wind up on the hill. 

It's still pouring here intermittently and very gusty.

Did you get the big temp drop down there?  We just tickled below 62*.  I'm hoping we might manage to get below 60 before it passes through but I'm doubtful.

Archived