Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Fall+Banter

Ginx snewx

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Yeah, nothing quite has the terrain like Bora Bora, but we are going to spend 5 nights on an atoll a la the Maldives.

The only downside to going over there was that once I experienced the snorkeling on the reef which surrounded the atoll island we were on, I knew I wouldn't match it again unless I went back. It made Hawaii look like Boston Harbor.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

The only downside to going over there was that once I experienced the snorkeling on the reef which surrounded the atoll island we were on, I knew I wouldn't match it again unless I went back. It made Hawaii look like Boston Harbor.

Our atoll (Tikehau) is touted that once "Jacques Cousteau's research group declared it to contained the highest concentration of fish among any other Tuamotu atolls"

3 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

TORCH!!!

7dTDeptNRCC.png

Beauty.  If there's a time of year to do it, September is the time for big departures.  Same with April/May.  No one wants that in winter, no one wants that in mid-summer, but in the bookend seasons its welcomed.

Yesterday's 79/45 was one of Tippy's "Top Ten" days.

Boring as hell though for a weather-lover (at least Eek's videos are exciting).

3 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

TORCH!!!

7dTDeptNRCC.png

Looking a bit further into the actual mean temperatures, its interesting to see the sensible weather differences from this above normal regime.  Everyone is well above normal, but that is delivering what the general public thinks is near perfect weather (say 70s/50s for a mean temp in the mid-60s) for CNE/NNE.  While you can still see how the above normal temps do lead to near roasters for TAN/BDL and south...with a full on roast occurring from NYC southward.

I know we've been talking about sensible weather differences but its almost like a gradient across Mass at say I-90, between well above temperatures that are generally pleasant and well above temperatures that are still pushing summer levels to the south.

Just sort of an interesting way to look at it as everyone has the same departures, but there are subtle differences across the region as to what those high departures bring for actual temperatures.

14dTDataNRCC.png

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

You know the drill....Chris' favorite landscaping team:

KCON_MADIS.png

This was a nice spike too. The highest 5-min intermediate ob is only 29C...so 84F or 85F. Somehow they snuck in a 5-min average of 87F in there. They had to have had a minute or two in there of 88F or even 89F.

Archived