Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Fall+Banter

Ginx snewx

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, dryslot said:

On the far Northern end of Moosehead lake near Northeast Carry, Great winter snowmobile spot and great food, Always a pit stop when riding out of Jackman

Food there is pretty basic (don't expect pad Thai or crème brule) but it's well prepared and abundant.  One of our foresters, commenting after our annual "peer review" field trip overnighted at Pittston Farm last month, said it was the best food he'd had on one of these excursions.

Food there is pretty basic (don't expect pad Thai or crème brule) but it's well prepared and abundant.  One of our foresters, commenting after our annual "peer review" field trip overnighted at Pittston Farm last month, said it was the best food he'd had on one of these excursions.

Good old home cooking, I would not be ordering 5 star pad thai there even if offered. :)

3 hours ago, Hoth said:

WMO verified a lightning bolt that traveled 199 miles from its parent thunderstorm in Oklahoma as a world record. 199 miles! That's like getting struck in Boston by a storm over NYC.

It's bull****. It's from an electricfied stratiform precip area. They make it sound like it can arc 200 miles and hit someone.

It looks like yesterday the Pit topped out at 70.4* off a low of 45.1*.  It's 47.5* down there now.

Meanwhile, we closed on the house in Maine yesterday.  I've got the chainsaw in action helping to clear the view.  At the closing, the old lady we bought it from was commenting how great it is to watch the snow falling across the river.   I have no doubt.

20160916_152238_resized_2.jpg

4 hours ago, moneypitmike said:

It looks like yesterday the Pit topped out at 70.4* off a low of 45.1*.  It's 47.5* down there now.

Meanwhile, we closed on the house in Maine yesterday.  I've got the chainsaw in action helping to clear the view.  At the closing, the old lady we bought it from was commenting how great it is to watch the snow falling across the river.   I have no doubt.

20160916_152238_resized_2.jpg

My wife and I had such a wonderful time in Maine Labor Day weekend. The ride from jersey wasn't that bad either as we left early. We spent the weekend in BoothBay and was one of the best experiences we have had. Can't get over how beautiful the landscape was and the town of BoothBay was amazing. We already are planning a trip next summer. The lobster bake Saturday night pretty much sealed the deal on Maine for my wife and I. 

11 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

My wife and I had such a wonderful time in Maine Labor Day weekend. The ride from jersey wasn't that bad either as we left early. We spent the weekend in BoothBay and was one of the best experiences we have had. Can't get over how beautiful the landscape was and the town of BoothBay was amazing. We already are planning a trip next summer. The lobster bake Saturday night pretty much sealed the deal on Maine for my wife and I. 

Maine is just awesome, so much variety, the inland mountain araes are spectacular too.

Archived