Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall+Banter

Ginx snewx

2 minutes ago, eekuasepinniW said:

It just dawned on me that I haven't seen a robin since June.  Anyone else seeing/not seeing them?

Not that I'm complaining... there is probably no bird I hate more.

nada here as well, but even if it was wet they'd probably steer clear on my chickens anyways. they already got a hummingbird and chase the chippies around. i'm waiting for the first one to run around with a prized mouse in its beak.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, dendrite said:

nada here as well, but even if it was wet they'd probably steer clear on my chickens anyways. they already got a hummingbird and chase the chippies around. i'm waiting for the first one to run around with a prized mouse in its beak.

noticed hummingbirds stopped coming few days ago. They were feasting heavily then, poof, gone. Time for the migration to Panama, so I've read.

3 hours ago, wxeyeNH said:

We had tons of Robins in the spring.  I remember dozens in my lawn.  Have not seen any this summer.  Also noticed a lack of Monarch butterfly's. I read their Mexican winter habitat got hit with severe storms.

Heard some the other day down here,plus those got damn blue j's

18 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

noticed hummingbirds stopped coming few days ago. They were feasting heavily then, poof, gone. Time for the migration to Panama, so I've read.

Yeah, mine suddenly vanished about a week ago.  They seemed to stay much later this year.  Usually, mine check out during the last week of August.

Only about 10 monarchs seen so far.  A far cry from the hundreds back in 2005.  Probably won't see that ever again.

Does anyone know how accurate the radar estimations are for storm totals?  I've never looked at them before but was curious to see how much as fallen with this system.  Many times radar shows virga or is not accurate for intensity on the edges of their coverage.  This is the latest from Gray Maine.  It does look accurate comparing to what it shows to what fell in my area.

Untitled.jpg

38 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Does anyone know how accurate the radar estimations are for storm totals?  I've never looked at them before but was curious to see how much as fallen with this system.  Many times radar shows virga or is not accurate for intensity on the edges of their coverage.  This is the latest from Gray Maine.  It does look accurate comparing to what it shows to what fell in my area.

Untitled.jpg

Looks pretty much dead on, with the 1"+ in S. York, the splash of 0.5" in Parsonsfield, the 1/3" or so downeast, and barely enough to settle the dust for the Rt 2 corridor and points north, except for last evening's little TS up by the frontier.

2 hours ago, eekuasepinniW said:

Yeah, mine suddenly vanished about a week ago.  They seemed to stay much later this year.  Usually, mine check out during the last week of August.

Only about 10 monarchs seen so far.  A far cry from the hundreds back in 2005.  Probably won't see that ever again.

I had hummingbirds all day yesterday after a week lull.

Archived