Newest Member
    joxey
Fall+Banter

Ginx snewx

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It didn't play out well for the vast majority of SNE save ORH Nw and the far south shore. Those were the two areas we pegged as probable Jack's and we mentioned screwgie for the meat of the region. The big dent for everyone and Euro forecast didn't work out overall unfortunately. It was nice to see the drought region of SE NH cash in.  They are ground zero 

4 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

It pretty much played out as modeled....actually quite well based on the higher res models and the areas highlighted were mentioned for about 2 days.  If anything I thought the zone in nrn MA would be a bit further NW.  Otherwise it had the look of light rains .25 to .50 or so in the areas outside of the heavier rain. 

I just don't know what to do anymore. Those who have yards probably are doing the same as me...constant watering. It's late in the season now, but I have oaks turning brown....just hoping they aren't damaged. I haven't really watered my lawn much as it's tough to keep up.  It sucks and beyond frustrating. 

I would say the full-res Euro looked pretty damn good. (Sat night run total through 00z tonight here). 

ecmwf_tprecip_neng_9.png

3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

The 00z run did well last night. Showed the two jacks very well.  That might be another weenie site to look at for winter synoptics. However, I'm not sure if the convective allowing nature of it will mess it up. I don't recall it being absurd last winter....but then again...we didn't have a large sample size.

I know this doesn't work around here, but it's probably best to avoid absolute numbers from the NCAR ensembles. It's the ARW after all, so QPF can be extreme on the high side. The jackpot zones and overall dynamics should be fine though.

12 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

image.png

image.png

I'm a little bit drier for that period than shown on the maps, though that's because I've had about 2.3" less precip than the Farmington co-op (and about the same as the New Sharon co-op.)  I'm 9.8" low for the period, with 62% of my average.  Getting only 0.14" for Sunday-Monday combined did not help.  The garden is past caring, but the well remains in play.

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Swampy day, hit 83 here.  Might be the latest I've turned on the ac.

looks like MPM even hit 80. 

Good riddance to this. 

Got up to 81F here today... perfect day for a hike with the pup and wife.  I dunno, I've really been enjoying the last few weeks of weather.  Sort of like summer-lite.

No A/C needed, at least the dews stayed in the 50s.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Got up to 81F here today... perfect day for a hike with the pup and wife.  I dunno, I've really been enjoying the last few weeks of weather.  Sort of like summer-lite.

No A/C needed, at least the dews stayed in the 50s.

Same here.  Dews are running in the upper 60s.  Currently 74F.  2nd floor in the house is running 76-77 so I'll hit the AC to cool/dry things out.

Beautiful sunset occurring right now.

Is anyone familiar with the program FrontalPaint from weathergraphics.com?  I downloaded it as you can create professional looking fronts/highs/lows, however, I can't seem to figure out how to choose which direction the triangles and semi-circles face.  I just sent an email to the service people but wondering if anyone here has used it

6 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

what breed of chicken? that's awesome

leghorn

i have 2 barred rocks, 2 white leghorns, 2 buff orpingtons, 2 nh reds, 2 easter eggers, a black copper marans, and an olive egger. 10 of the 12 should be laying by sometime in October and the last 2 I mentioned by Novie.

One night farmer Brian was takin' the airs
Locked up the barnyard with the greatest of care
Down in the hen house, somethin' stirred
When he shouted, "Who's there?"
This is what he heard
“There ain't nobody here but us chickens
There ain't nobody here at all
So calm yourself and stop that fuss
There ain't nobody here but us
We chickens tryin' to sleep and you butt in
And hobble, hobble hobble hobble with your chin”
“There ain't nobody here but us chickens