joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Friday Soaking

CT Rain

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We did at one down this way-adventure park in Bridgeport.   Definitely alot of fun-pricey at $40-$50 a person, so it's a once in awhile thing for us!

Agree it is something you would only do a few times a year. They have group rates for corporate and school outings and such. I think they have off season rates too, the summer months are the primary season.

I climbed at Bridgeport as well, but there is one closer to me by UConn that I haven't visited yet.

this is will go down and vastly over predicted by ~ 1/2 of the model cycles going back a couple of day's worth of runs. 

meaning, ... one run the NAM (just as an example) was nearing 2" at HFD followed immediately by the next run having barely half that, followed by only a .25" on the next run, followed by a whopping 3" on the next... etc, etc.  as far as the other guidance types ... i think (from my own observation) that even the Euro was performing poorly on this, though I don't know precisely what those numbers are.  ... 

no one can claim nailing anything and any reasoning supplied was not scientific, and/or was based upon pure conjecture - unless someone can dig up a counter 'bigger-event' post that doesn't talk about 'dry begets dry' then the rest of us are all ears.  there may be something to voodoo weather forecasting approach, which ''wanting" on a drought and getting less rain does not result from the former, and thus, that would seem like magic - that's either super natural or dumb luck.  you decide.

having said that ... I spoke of a couple aspects that I didn't like about this yesterday: one was the inconsistency to plot the bigger QPF nodes all over the place by the meso models. clearly the convective interference with synoptic processes was giving the models headaches here.  I believe fully that's the real culprit to missing the bigger event and it has less to do with dystopian thumping, and dreams of holocaustic dryness..  the other aspect was that the entirety of the event was confined to a narrow corridor of latitude  ... such that small permutations amid the whole ordeal could bust this 1.5" worth in either direction.  

I feel pretty satisfied overall that the (at least) reasons to suspect the mdels were accurately assessed ahead of time.  

...just looking at hi res vis loop ...and heh, partly sunny afternoon and a salvageable day actually if we believe that sharp back edged clearly line continues to march toward the coast. looks like Pittsfield and Springfield and N. Adams must already be getting sun.   though with a bit of surplus moisture in the boundary layer we're probably going to CU out for a while, too.  we'll see. 

13 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I feel pretty satisfied overall that the (at least) reasons to suspect the mdels were accurately assessed ahead of time.  

...just looking at hi res vis loop ...and heh, partly sunny afternoon and a salvageable day actually if we believe that sharp back edged clearly line continues to march toward the coast. looks like Pittsfield and Springfield and N. Adams must already be getting sun.   though with a bit of surplus moisture in the boundary layer we're probably going to CU out for a while, too.  we'll see. 

Yeah, I think western peeps get a decent day.  Brightening here and blue patches to my west.

Sun is going to bring temps a bit over original forecast values too. 

I

12 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Yeah, I think western peeps get a decent day.  Brightening here and blue patches to my west.

Sun is going to bring temps a bit over original forecast values too. 

I

Depending on how much sun.. Places like CEF, BDL, HFD could make a run at day 9 straight of 90, but likely fall short 

31 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

If you (Tip) actually read the first 10-15 posts of this thread, you'd see the scientific reasons why we doubted this were clearly laid out. 

i have a life and don't have time to paw through 15 pages of this tedium for that -- i said, " unless someone can dig up

meaning ...you go dig them up... 

but from those post - particularly of yours ... if you think THAT is science?  that exposes a lot about why you post the way you do... (even though i privately suspect you are just a hornet nest poker for enjoyment and try to incense crap on purpose ...but that's a different debate)

looks like the back edge of the mid and upper level decks is around I91 out there west of ORH County... 

there is some evidence of attempted low cloud genesis as that peels away ... as is typical in this sort of can opener post events.  but, there are DP depressions of 5 to 8 F at EDD's obs so ... perhaps there's room for drying once the thicker schit moves off.

12 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

i have a life and don't have time to paw through 15 pages of this tedium for that -- i said, " unless someone can dig up

meaning ...you go dig them up... 

but from those post - particularly of yours ... if you think THAT is science?  that exposes a lot about why you post the way you do... (even though i privately suspect you are just a hornet nest poker for enjoyment and try to incense crap on purpose ...but that's a different debate)

Thanks. you're a good guy

Archived