joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2016 Discussions/Observations

Rtd208

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This heat wave isn't turning out to be that impressive for early July compared to what we

have seen in earlier years. The ensembles build the ridge again day 6-10 and 11-15.

That will probably be the next chance to beat the 95 at EWR and 96 at LGA.

0.68" which brings me to 4.0" for July already. Nice local maximum. The vegetation likes it.

In other news, Euro is absolutely torrid for later next week with 95-100F indicated as we approach July 15th (Fri/Sat). Look at those 594dm geopotential heights back-building from the West Atlantic. That could set-up our most significant heat pulse thus far. 

Enjoying my three drops of rain in Manhattan that made the steam bath even worse. I just got back from San Francisco. I didn't think I would miss that bitter cold wind

Maybe there are some people there that like the marine layer as much as we like snowstorms here. ;)

Maybe there are some people there that like the marine layer as much as we like snowstorms here. ;)

GOES20302016189kxAmb5.jpg

The micro climates there are facinsting!!! One side of a ridge and it's foggy windy and 55 the other side a few miles it's bright blue sky's and 80s. I'll take our continental climate over that any day though

LOL like every event jackpots your backyard.  Christ

There are those here and elsewhere, no matter what the nature of the event, who feel that if it doesn't/didn't happen in their backyard, it didn't happen. People, please understand the nature of the kinds of storms/showers that were around today--not everybody gets them, some do and some don't. The action may be a little more widespread tomorrow and Saturday.

WX/PT

Archived