joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2016 General Discussion.

Chambana

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes we went to Wawa before when I was younger.

That's a beautiful area!

Nice picture. Would like to see some clear weather down here. Fog was so dense early this morning I could hardly see my neighbors house 75 feet away!

First mixed-case area forecast discussion by LOT. They have something interesting to talk about. (I cut out some of this discussion)

--

Area Forecast Discussion
National Weather Service Chicago/Romeoville, IL
1235 PM CDT WED MAY 11 2016

.MESOSCALE DISCUSSION...
1235 PM CDT

Fog and stratus are gradually burning off with pockets of sunshine
filtered through debris cirrus allowing for temps to warm fairly
quickly...shooting up into the mid 70s in the past hour at PNT and
IKK. Modifying morning soundings from KILX/KDVN for 74/65 would
suggest that the atmosphere is quickly destabilizing. Visible
satellite imagery would support this notion with apparent sfc
based cumulus field developing over central Illinois.

Make Great Lakes climo great again.

Please do...  The NE crop is badly damaged..i was reading in Europe about 2 weeks ago, Austria/Germany/France got hard hit by freeze/snow...  Now the midwest is going to get socked.  All the orchards around here (there a lot of apple orchards north/south of here) are all well past bloom...    I've got a lot of blankets that i plan to put to use.   My tomatoes have been in the ground for 10 days now...

Please do...  The NE crop is badly damaged..i was reading in Europe about 2 weeks ago, Austria/Germany/France got hard hit by freeze/snow...  Now the midwest is going to get socked.  All the orchards around here (there a lot of apple orchards north/south of here) are all well past bloom...    I've got a lot of blankets that i plan to put to use.   My tomatoes have been in the ground for 10 days now...

I've never planted tomatoes this early here. 

Didn't know that about Europe...

GFS shows a hard freeze for your area, the EURO a light frost. 

Back in the soup tonight with visibility down to half a block.

These cells are kind of back building and training from amboy up through dekalb. Already have over an inch

You guys are really getting it up there.  This cell that just went through here is heading your way as well.  This cell is the only one we got for the eve, and it just gave us 0.85" in the last half hour.  Had some very close CGs hit right as the heavy downpour began.  Turned out to be a very entertaining evening.

EDIT:  Right after typing the above another very close CG hit on the back edge of the heavy rain.  

You guys are really getting it up there. This cell that just went through here is heading your way as well. This cell is the only one we got for the eve, and it just gave us 0.85" in the last half hour. Had some very close CGs hit right as the heavy downpour began. Turned out to be a very entertaining evening.

EDIT: Right after typing the above another very close CG hit on the back edge of the heavy rain.

Had a couple real close ctg here too. 1.96" of rain in the last 45 minutes

Something tells me the thunderstorms that are forecast for this afternoon here in southern Ontario are going to be significant in some way. A few days ago no storms were forecast and then it popped up 48 or so hours ago. I'm in the MRGL category. It doesn't have to meet severe criteria, we don't get them often so anything with hail and highish winds is an event. Its going to be the hottest day and most humid by far and then storm/rain til midnight (shows it starting about 2:00 pm). May 12 is a notorious day for severe here as the worst thunderstorm I've ever experienced happened 16 years ago this afternoon - right when this system is expected to effect me. There was also another day either last year or 2 years ago where severe was possible but that busted or didn't do anything. Another ominous sign is the mode of storms is going to be similar to May 12, 2000 in terms of multi-cells and/or disorganized MCS. I don't think the environment will be anywhere near 16 years ago but even half would cause me to drop everything and pay close attention. Its been a ridiculously lousy severe season here so far where only 2 mild thunderstorms have happened in 2016, that balance is coming and today is the day IMO.

Archived