joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2016 General Discussion.

Chambana

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top shelf day. 70 degrees with a gentle breeze and sunny skies, and the sight of golfers on the course down yonder. Got the grill going with A-1 burgers and beer brats, got some Coney Island hard root beer, and little dude on the patio with me. Summer time is great.

Today was very pleasant through early afternoon.  Again, though, we had dews in the mid 40s as the rain moved in.  It is nothing more than a band of light showers.

Earlier this afternoon one station in nw Iowa was reporting 39 degrees.  Yikes!  It's only in the low 40s in the Mason City area.

Today was very pleasant through early afternoon.  Again, though, we had dews in the mid 40s as the rain moved in.  It is nothing more than a band of light showers.

Earlier this afternoon one station in nw Iowa was reporting 39 degrees.  Yikes!  It's only in the low 40s in the Mason City area.

Same here.  Made it to 71 before the clouds thickened up.  Rain started a half hour ago or so, and temps have since dropped a good 10 degrees.  This system will be pretty wussy compared to what many of the models had indicated over the past few days.  Looks like <1/2" of thunderless rain.  

Enjoyed the warmth this morning. Reached 70° yesterday and about 65° today. 

4km NAM has it getting to 35° tonight and low 30 tomorrow night.

I saw somewhere, not sure where, that the NAM was being to cold, pretty sure this was DVN's AFD either yesterday or today, or it might have even been on this forum somewhere, but I did see that the NAM was dropping temps too cold.

I saw somewhere, not sure where, that the NAM was being to cold, pretty sure this was DVN's AFD either yesterday or today, or it might have even been on this forum somewhere, but I did see that the NAM was dropping temps too cold.

Maybe. UGN always tanks out lower in most cases, so the NAM may be right for this localized area. Just glad I didn't plant any annuals.

DLL has the fruit trees to worry about. It gets pretty chilly in those valleys. 

HRRR for early tomorrow.

hrrr_T2m_ncus_15.png

It sure went from nice to nasty in a hurry.  Once that front passes... brrrrr!  I only picked up 0.13" of rain.  My expected low temp is 35 or 36, with wind, so I have tentatively decided to leave my plants unprotected.  If we bottom out around there, they should be ok.  I'm thankful for the wind.

Rain most the afternoon...had a peak or two of sun this evening, and it was pouring just a little while ago again.  Clouds look backed up into MN...so not sure how much we clear overnight...which will buy some time.  The coldest 850s i think move through tomorrow afternoon..so hopefully they high tail it over to Saukvilles by night fall.  NAM brings through clouds Sat night so that could be a real game changer should that occur....

Sitting at 46F...,but its been upper 40Fs most of the day...yeehaw!  Avg is around 70F.

Anyone notice how warm Alaska has been?  Saukville was crying because Fairbanks is suppose to be near 80F.

Alaska has been crazy warm. That's what happens when were getting blasted by trough after trough.

Rain came down moderately for a little while, but now back to light. Sitting at 47°.

Yeah..i know there is an old saying i read years ago that when its cold in Minneapolis it's warm in Anchorage or something like that. 

International Falls is 32F last ob...  and so it begins.  I've got 44.6F in the backyard.  Wind and clouds...lets keep them around.  Thank God the days are short and the sun is out super early. 

Yup..currently 78F in Fairbanks... http://w1.weather.gov/obhistory/PAFA.html

Yeah..i know there is an old saying i read years ago that when its cold in Minneapolis it's warm in Anchorage or something like that. 

International Falls is 32F last ob...  and so it begins.  I've got 44.6F in the backyard.  Wind and clouds...lets keep them around.  Thank God the days are short and the sun is out super early. 

Yup..currently 78F in Fairbanks... http://w1.weather.gov/obhistory/PAFA.html

That looks so nice!

Rain pounding pretty good now. At 45.0° now.

Archived