Newest Member
    Toothache
May 2016 General Discussion.

Chambana

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably right Stebo.

MSP just about to hit 90. Two Harbors up to 93.

That's crazy for May 6th up there! Down this way it'll probably be awhile before it gets that hot.

Up to 79° here.

Yesterday before noon we had that cool spaced cloud pattern where every cottonball was the same size and spaced out perfectly even. It wasn't warm but today is miles ahead from Thursday however its a bit windy so not enjoyable for relaxing.

Probably right Stebo.

MSP just about to hit 90. Two Harbors up to 93.

Colour me shocked.

68 and sunny, and that sun is getting intense these days.

Pretty nice day :)

sqyccjX.gif

It looks like a hurricane to the right.

Awesome day (87 for a high), although a tad too warm for me.  Only 2 days all of last Summer were warmer.

The temp spread today was 46 degrees.

That is crazy. You probably still had a patch or two of snow. :lol:

It hasn't even gotten near that warm down here yet...

Lost power at about 1:30am this morning when the cold front moved through. The winds really picked up and knocked a few tree branches down. Then the smoke from the wildfires up north totally blanketed the area. I woke up and thought there was a fire nearby it was so bad. Total campfire experience.

Few spring observations the first week of May. Saw a few cherry blossom trees the other day. They aren't a dime a dozen here like the Bradford pears, but they are pretty. I then realized that cherry blossoms bloom almost 1.5 months later in Detroit than in DC, the place synonymous with cherry blossoms.

Speaking of blooming, the trees have exploded in blooms the last few days, however my brother drove from Chicago to Detroit this morning and said that it's crazy how much more bare the tree landscape is the farther east you drive in MI. This strikes me as odd seeing as though the latitude is the same.

Lastly, I don't know what kind of tree this is, but thought the yellow flowers were kind of unusual.

4625-800.jpg

Maple trees and some of the other hardwoods are starting to show some tiny leaves now. Birch leaves are about 3/4"-1" long now.

That rain last night contained pollen and a lot of dust. Car and deck was coated with a brownish-yellowish film.

Sitting at 55° currently with high clouds overhead. - or maybe it's smoke aloft.

Started the day under thick overcast, had quite a few cells pop up around the area, and managed to reel in one, dropping 0.02" rain right before my nieces 5th birthday party of course lol. Quickly after the sun burned off the rain and quite a nice day out there, actually the first sorta humid day out there after the precip and sun.

Archived