joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2016 General Discussion.

Chambana

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A cool low of 28 this morning with a heavy frost. Had my coffee out on the deck and heard but didn't see a timber wolf.  One of my regular doe's is about to pop... hope the wolf is just passing through.
Should be a much warmer week with the exception of Wednesday where areas near superior might not hit 40, and even a mention of snow in the forecast. Before that, a good chance of some needed showers and maybe thunder possible. Fire chances still pretty high especially tomorrow... Even had a few small ones in the interior yesterday.

Glad to have this surprise nicer day today with more sun than expected with Wednesday looking pretty ugly. Looks to be a decent setup for low top convection with potential for graupel given very cold 500 mb temps for this time of year as mid/upper low drops southeast across the central Lakes to the Ohio Valley. 500 mb temps of -20 to -30 C will result in steep low and mid level lapse rates aided by the strong May sun.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

we're not talking about the frontal passage, chief

Yeah fropa timing is actually good for this because coldest low (925 & 850 mb) and midlevel (500 mb) temps will be overhead close to peak heating. The convection will be kicked off by the large scale lift from the ULL rotating by.

some trees have sprouted...norway maples and horsechestnuts are quite green, other than that its mostly buds and very tiny leaves strarting.

Yeah that sounds like the same here. Birch are one of the furthest along. Closer to the lake = barer trees.

High of 57° with sun today, felt like a heat wave compared to the last week.

Archived