• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 3, 2016 Snowblitz Observations

Baroclinic Zone

Surprised my old hood in Brookline Village per wxniss did poorly. Here I have a winter wonderland with encrusted trees and crushed daffodils....did not measure but it's at least 3. Elevation ftw? Just a couple of hundred feet made the difference I guess.

totally, elevation made a huge difference. Just got back from the store lower els 1 inch upper 3-4

20160403_110456.jpg

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Elevation may have played some role, but not the primary one.Manchester, CT had as much as I did and that's valley town for the most part. Scooter got 5" on the beach there in S Weymouth.. It was more about getting under the heaviest echoes. if you loop the radar from 3:00-6:00am..far eastern HFD county and then northern Tolland County into NW RI got under the best stuff and that continued over to S Weymouth. I got up at 3:30 and it was 2" per hour snows

My folks on the East Longmeadow/Somers line had 3" in the valley so I don't think it's that far fetched.

Do you use a snow board or measure on the ground/pavement?  That can make a difference.

there was nothing on the pavement and 1.5 on the porch and grassy surfaces about the same...don't use a snowboard

there's several miles difference between where I am and your folks are, I have often observed a few more inches deeper into e longmeadow....just a black hole here for snow

I sometimes wonder if he's measuring on the street after the plow has come by

It actually looks like you had more than 5 inches today

no i do not measure like that and I often go with the highest amount in these bootleg events where the amounts on a cold surface are way higher than where any meaningful impact would be

when it only rips for 30-40 minutes this is what you get

It actually looks like you had more than 5 inches today

no i do not measure like that and I often go with the highest amount in these bootleg events where the amounts on a cold surface are way higher than where any meaningful impact would be

when it only rips for 30-40 minutes this is what you get

It's possible looking at what Stafford had.I looked at radar and they were not under heavier banding or longer than I was. it was around 5" give or take..But I put it down at 4.7"

It's possible looking at what Stafford had.I looked at radar and they were not under heavier banding or longer than I was. it was around 5" give or take..But I put it down at 4.7"

It is what it is...put a board out in your backyard and measure on it. That's how much snow you got ;).

Archived