joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2016 General Discussion

snowlover2

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3rd 70 degree reading of the year already, pretty impressive. JB still hitting that scorching hot summer drum for the CONUS. I think he even mentioned his analog for the summer was 2010.

Wasn't he tweeting about a 2010/2011/2012 pattern for the next 3 years a few weeks back? Might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure he was. 

73/56 here. Absolutely gorgeous. 

Gut says this winter has a bit more snow left in it later this month, early April.

Given many are expecting this El Nino to transition into a La Nina this year, history would show that, in years when this happens - 1983, 1988 and 1995 to name a few - a warm spell in mid March is followed by a late season cold snap in early April. This is then followed by a very hot June.

Given many are expecting this El Nino to transition into a La Nina this year, history would show that, in years when this happens - 1983, 1988 and 1995 to name a few - a warm spell in mid March is followed by a late season cold snap in early April. This is then followed by a very hot June.

Chicago had low temps of 29, 27, 28 on May 8-10, 1983. This is the latest into the Spring with temps in the 20s. Then, of course, the historic arctic outbreak in December 1983.

Managed 61 for the high yesterday when the sun came out. Felt incredible.

YYZ only made it to 52, assuming due to cloud cover.

HRRR says we can pull 65 today. It was accurate yesterday in foreseeing the brief clearing and jump to 60.

YYZ deep into the 60s today with the land breeze, although I imagine the immediate shoreline is much cooler. That's the problem with being on the west side of the lake this time of year.

Archived