• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2016 General Discussion

snowlover2

looks like my best snow months could be Nov and March compared to avg. At least the rain will be mostly warm for most next week.  Not a bad 7" 1st week of March to possibly finish off  winter. Though probably can tack on another 5" or more without too much problem if we time a few right.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looks like my best snow months could be Nov and March compared to avg. At least the rain will be mostly warm for most next week.  Not a bad 7" 1st week of March to possibly finish off  winter. Though probably can tack on another 5" or more without too much problem if we time a few right.

Except for Wednesday into Thursday. It would be a cold rain with NE winds.

MI is flirting with wet snow on the northern end of the system. GFS

2.5" of snow last night. pic to remember winter before the thaw, although it will likely take a few weeks for the snow to melt barring some great warm up beyond what is predicted.

high today, 32... norms 30/9

There is no stopping it now, but I wish it were coming 3 weeks later. We had 2 months of winter and it's done. Hopefully we have some snowpack on the first week of December up your way.

There is no stopping it now, but I wish it were coming 3 weeks later. We had 2 months of winter and it's done. Hopefully we have some snowpack on the first week of December up your way.

Last year there was snow on the ground from Halloween until almost the first of May. This year snow cover didn't come until Thanksgiving, but was here to stay....even with the insanely mild December.  On average, the seasonal snowpack is here  in my immediate area by mid November.

After living here a while, I'm good with the snow leaving.  The March sun angle takes all the fun away for me anyway.  And besides, in the UP, Winter is always coming.

Yeah it's pretty lol worthy.  You basically have to get it though to get the data logger.  How long did you have your Vue?  Had mine about 5 years so far, and zero issues.  If and when it craps out I'll probably upgrade to the VP2.

EDIT:  Regarding the USB data adapter, are you talking about the data logger itself, or a serial to USB port adapter?  If you're talking about the data logger itself that would be a great deal for someone.  

I bought my VP2 in probably '03 or '04. I ran it for 7-8 years before a lightning strike/power surge took out the console.

I have the USB data logger  that plugs in to the bottom of the VP2 console.

Picked up 1.5" of snow today, and though the afternoon melting with temps near freezing shows the March sun angle is ever present (despite thick overcast), its a winter wonderland outside. Will this be the last of the season?

4598-800.jpg

4599-800.jpg

4600-800.jpg

Snowy start to March, with 3 systems in the first 5 days.

Mar 1.....3.3"

Mar 3/4..2.7"

Mar 5.....1.5"

Widespread mid 50's being observed across Illinois, a very mild day indeed . Looking forward to a wet and warm week, will be nice to hear the birds chirp again.

St. Louis slowly nudging into some very heavy rainfall next week. Poor Mississippi River has been overwhelmed the past year with extreme rainfall.

^ nice pics josh. Yeah it appears spring will make an early appearance for the first since since 2012

Thanks. My brother who lives in chicago came home Thursday for a 4 day weekend. He said he left chicago with bare ground, came here to snow all weekend, & left this morning to gray and white winter and got to chicago with blue sky and the smell of spring. It's still gray skies and white snow here, but that will change tomorrow unfortunately.

Archived