joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2016 General Discussion

snowlover2

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morch Lite incoming? We are at the end of the month when the CFSv2 skills improve. It will need to be very warm later in the month to overcome the below normal temps expected in the subforum the first few days of March for this to verify.

CFSv2.NaT2m.20160228.201603.gif

The long range GFS says warmth and severe weather so I believe the CFS whole heartedly.

Morch Lite incoming? We are at the end of the month when the CFSv2 skills improve. It will need to be very warm later in the month to overcome the below normal temps expected in the subforum the first few days of March for this to verify.

CFS has been consistent all of Feb predicting a warm March. Placement of the heat has remained relatively steady as well.

Will either be a rare victory or huge flop by the model.

Haven't had a burner of a summer since 2012 and I'd love one this year.

CFS has been consistent all of Feb predicting a warm March. Placement of the heat has remained relatively steady as well.

Will either be a rare victory or huge flop by the model.

Haven't had a burner of a summer since 2012 and I'd love one this year.

A warm spring and summer would be fantastic. Last 3 have been very wet and cold. A 2010 like spring and summer would be fantastic.

I heard JB is on board for a hot summer.  I guess you'd be the one to ask if that's true?

yes and yes.   Hot dry summer for midwest.     Actually now is the time I usually cancel my subscription for the year.  Overall I'd give his performance this winter a D+/C-.    Usual errors.  Underestimated the December torch.  Was too early on the return to winter in January, and failed on his call that Feb would be the most extreme month of the winter, (wrt snow and cold).  He also failed with his call for much above snow fall across the TN valley and the southeast.  If it wasn't for the late January blizzard across the MA, he'd be looking at one of his worst winter forecasting season overall.

Believe it or not he pulled out his infamous, "we nailed the pattern at 500" excuse.   In his last hail mary pass to keep the winter weenie subscriptions going, he actually said in a video last week...."March will be rocking".  :lol:

I don't care what anyone says, 80 bucks is well worth the entertainment value and the model section.

yes and yes. Hot dry summer for midwest. Actually now is the time I usually cancel my subscription for the year. Overall I'd give his performance this winter a D+/C-. Usual errors. Underestimated the December torch. Was too early on the return to winter in January, and failed on his call that Feb would be the most extreme month of the winter, (wrt snow and cold). He also failed with his call for much above snow fall across the TN valley and the southeast. If it wasn't for the late January blizzard across the MA, he'd be looking at one of his worst winter forecasting season overall.

Believe it or not he pulled out his infamous, "we nailed the pattern at 500" excuse. In his last hail mary pass to keep the winter weenie subscriptions going, he actually said in a video last week...."March will be rocking". :lol:

I don't care what anyone says, 80 bucks is well worth the entertainment value and the model section.

Rocking for severe weather.

yes and yes.   Hot dry summer for midwest.     Actually now is the time I usually cancel my subscription for the year.  Overall I'd give his performance this winter a D+/C-.    Usual errors.  Underestimated the December torch.  Was too early on the return to winter in January, and failed on his call that Feb would be the most extreme month of the winter, (wrt snow and cold).  He also failed with his call for much above snow fall across the TN valley and the southeast.  If it wasn't for the late January blizzard across the MA, he'd be looking at one of his worst winter forecasting season overall.

Believe it or not he pulled out his infamous, "we nailed the pattern at 500" excuse.   In his last hail mary pass to keep the winter weenie subscriptions going, he actually said in a video last week...."March will be rocking".  :lol:

On the subject of $80, GRLevel3 is worth the $80 one-time cost for severe weather and general purposes.

The CFS only nailed Dec. It bombed on January and February.

I really don't care what happens, I'd rather winter hang on in northern Ontario, for reasons everyone here knows. But if it torches, I'll live.

I'm ready to put this winter to rest, bring on an early spring certainly no complaints from me.  It does appear to be an active severe weather season for much of the sub forum enjoy! I do miss some of bigger systems I used to see downstate but happy enjoying some sun and warmth didn't see much sun as usual this winter normally okay with the snow but not getting much makes it pretty long and dreary. 

Archived