• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Late Feb/March Med/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

Euro looked good to me. Big storm just a touch too far east. Better than the 0z run. Ensembles will probably be more on board.

Euro has been snow-happy for us in this range ever since the blizzard with very little to show for it. It's nice to see the Ukie is close, but again, I feel like we've done this dance a lot since 1/24 in the 4 day+ range.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro is a Richmond to Salisbury event verbatim. 5-7". 1-3 NW of that. So.. we know this isnt going to be the way it plays out- Euro has given a bunch of digital snow to Salisbury this winter.

No it's not. This is a terrible time of year to use snowmaps.

It's in the 40s here when it starts precipitating.

Euro has been snow-happy for us in this range ever since the blizzard with very little to show for it. It's nice to see the Ukie is close, but again, I feel like we've done this dance a lot since 1/24 in the 4 day+ range.

It's obviously a long shot. We'll be inside of 5 days tomorrow. If ops and ens start converging on the idea that we have "a chance" then it would be a fun final track regardless. I'd be totally happy with just watching snow fall for a while and maybe be heavy enough for a period to paste things a little in spite of above freezing surface temps. 

No it's not. This is a terrible time of year to use snowmaps.

It's in the 40s here when it starts precipitating.

I know what the reality is. In my following post I said if it played out like that, those areas would likely see a r-s mix and maybe a coating.

But snow maps are fun. Weenies love the snow maps.

Just what we need, another 18hrs of white rain, maybe I can top February 9th for the biggest waste of snow this winter.

Atleast you had a storm that totaled more than my annual total. My area has been screwed the past three winters. This storm looks to continue the trend, but I'm already onto golf and yard work.

GFS still much faster with the storm then the EURO or GGEM.

ETA: UKMET in that camp too. The slower models actually dig the shortwave enough to get me excited. The GFS look sucks and gives the storm no chance to bomb until it's northeast of us.

I look forward to slant stick measurements, guesses post compaction and reports of heavy snow with 3/4 mile vis.

I'll be guesstimating the Clarksburg massive totals from here in SE Asia, using weatherbug cams as my measuring tool so I'm sure to add at least 12" to my season totals. Woo hoo! :^P

To legitimize this very weak post, here's an IMBY ob: 59F, cloudy a with a ESE wind of 6mph off of the South China Sea in Hanoi, Vietnam.

Dropped my subscription to weatherbell a few days ago so only have access to the crappy 24 hour panels and the eps mean. But looking at the 500's and the surface reflection it doesn't look too promising as it wants to keep the low too far off the coast. Maybe the individual members tell a different story?

Dropped my subscription to weatherbell a few days ago so only have access to the crappy 24 hour panels and the eps mean. But looking at the 500's and the surface reflection it doesn't look too promising as it wants to keep the low too far off the coast. Maybe the individual members tell a different story?

Not really. Thats pretty much the story. A few nice hits in the mix but the mean is down from 12z, most notably over the NW areas, with the exception being the far western highlands. Better further up the coast...most of NJ into SNE is 2-3".

eta- if the low were to get its act together a bit closer to the coast, it would probably be rain for most during the day Sunday, and maybe change to snow at night? Its hard to envision this being more than a light event at this point though.

Day 5 is when the euro has been locking in lately. It teases us with a run or two day 6+ but once it's locked in inside 120 hrs it's been game over. So this probably isn't coming back. With the exception of the blizzard we have had two dominant storm tracks, cutting to our west or sliding just a bit too far ots. This fits right in. Had the northern stream phased in like earlier runs showed it would have cut. It didn't so it slides east ots.

Archived