joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Late Feb/March Med/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3/25/13 stuck to the streets in old town...

The Monday before that one was cold out here too. We had sleet and snow that accumulated on streets in the middle of the afternoon. The 3/25 storm was about a 6" snow here. Actually skied at Timberline that day.

Mid March of 1993 produced, in my opinion, the all time number one winter event ever with extreme consequences from Florida to Maine. Was it not Mt Mitchell that had 60" while one day earlier some sections of Florida were under10'of water and isolated 20'. I also think every state recorded 40mph sustained winds

LOL...yeah don't get me started on that one. Most impressive weather event of my lifetime. 4" of snow in the Florida panhandle in the middle of March. Yeah, wonder when that happens again. Single digit temps in southern Alabama. Crazy stuff.

GFS is funky, western Maryland/Eastern WV Mountains get 4-7", Western Shore of Maryland, DC, NOVA (anywhere east of I-81, less than an inch of snow with isolated drizzle/flurries for 30 hours, and then someone north of Salisbury gets 6", then coastal Northeast gets hit.

0z Euro, precip starts Sunday Morning as wet snow/cold rain, temps dropping by 3:00pm Sunday and precip picks up, good stuff is Sunday Afternoon and Evening. 4" for DC, 6" for Baltimore on StormVista Maps, so it's a good run.....temperatures are better when it matters.

If I wasn't such a cheap SOB I would pony up $20 to reup weatherbell just to follow this storm. :) Hard to tell the low track with 24 hour panels but at hour 96 the low is in a great spot for our region. The 500's look better then the 12Z run and would probably argue for the closer approach to the coast that it is depicting. If the EPS follows suit with its op run I would not be surprised to see some of it's members spit out some ridiculous solutions for parts of our region.

If I wasn't such a cheap SOB I would pony up $20 to reup weatherbell just to follow this storm. :) Hard to tell the low track with 24 hour panels but at hour 96 the low is in a great spot for our region. The 500's look better then the 12Z run and would probably argue for the closer approach to the coast that it is depicting. If the EPS follows suit with its op run I would not be surprised to see some of it's members spit out some ridiculous solutions for parts of our region.

EPS looks good overall...4"+ mean for DC area, better to the NW and esp NE into eastern PA. Even a 2" mean down in Salisbury. Plenty of nice hits on the individual members- some have the best stuff right through the I-95 corridor, some NW, some SE. But also about 12 of the 51 with not much, or complete misses(too far SE/East OTS).

eta- Control run looks very nice. Timing is good with most of the good stuff falling late Sunday into the AM Monday. Quite similar to the op. Glancing at the snow map, looks almost identical.

EPS looks good overall...4"+ mean for DC area, better to the NW and esp NE into eastern PA. Even a 2" mean down in Salisbury. Plenty of nice hits on the individual members- some have the best stuff right through the I-95 corridor, some NW, some SE. But also about 12 of the 51 with not much, or complete misses(too far SE/East OTS).

I'll save you the money. 10" on Wxbell at DCA & BWI right up I95. 6-8" in your back yard and 8" at Iad.

EDIT: I meant to respond to showmethesnow. Way too early. Lol

I'll save you the money. 10" on Wxbell at DCA & BWI right up I95. 6-8" in your back yard and 8" at Iad.

EDIT: I meant to respond to showmethesnow. Way too early. Lol

lol. I actually cancelled my subscription a week ago, but it had already renewed so I have it till the 25th I think.

Archived