joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Late Feb/March Med/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol @ Euro Control. Opening day will feel more like a late December football game. Well, late Dec somewhere.. feels more like May around here. 

Don't remember the year, but I swear I recall an O's opening day with the game delayed for what seemed like a white asteroid beat down.  Anyway, where the hell was that sick pattern last month!?  I'll just keep the snow shovel handy...you know just in case. 

Don't remember the year, but I swear I recall an O's opening day with the game delayed for what seemed like a white asteroid beat down.  Anyway, where the hell was that sick pattern last month!?  I'll just keep the snow shovel handy...you know just in case. 

2003, I remember that game well. Went 13 innings and at one point it was snowing in the top of an inning, sunny the next half of the inning. 

Hmm, I think you may be getting it mixed up with another storm?

http://legacy.wkyc.com/story/weather/2014/04/15/april-snow/7729819/

Not sure about your site, but ..........

http://espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=mlb&id=2830645

https://books.google.com/books?id=gKCi9tnfwgQC&pg=PA87&lpg=PA87&dq=cleveland+vs+seattle+snowed+out+series&source=bl&ots=qRk2hdBvS9&sig=7QDURaoUIt2XCMaTCsPrrLlJ7V4&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjyhPHP9tTLAhWJGz4KHZQDCYMQ6AEITTAI#v=onepage&q=cleveland%20vs%20seattle%20snowed%20out%20series&f=false

The total snow depends on the source.  It was a 3-4 day event, so getting an accurate total can be tough I suppose.  There are some cool pics and vids of this one.

What's the Euro look like at about 8-12?  GFS ens looks pretty chilly.

I finally got kicked off wxbell on mobile so no more d10-15 euro ens for me. Which is fine. I've stopped caring much.

It looks like blocking and a good dose of below normal will kick off the month after the 2nd-3rd give or take. Which is actually good for striped bass season on the bay. Sets up a great spawn and keeps the big cows around for a while. 

I have actually have to mow my lawn this weekend. Not common to mow in March. A +7 month will do that I guess. lol

I finally got kicked off wxbell on mobile so no more d10-15 euro ens for me. Which is fine. I've stopped caring much.

It looks like blocking and a good dose of below normal will kick off the month after the 2nd-3rd give or take. Which is actually good for striped bass season on the bay. Sets up a great spawn and keeps the big cows around for a while. 

I have actually have to mow my lawn this weekend. Not common to mow in March. A +7 month will do that I guess. lol

We are probably still 7-10 days away from mowing here.  A little unusual to mow before mid April.

Nice Bob.  I’d prefer warmer in April, but if you need to fish…so be it.

The months Dec through March (the months most would consider winter months, though March is about 1/2) have averaged

+4.5 in Winchester.

Yeah, somebody start the rate the winter thread....lol.

Archived