Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Late Feb/March Med/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GFS coming on board!? Hour 54 onward looks white...

looks way faster than euro and not a very strong low

12z GFS looks better.. timing is different than Euro snow starts 18z Saturday into Sunday morning.

Looks like a total whiff...flat wave.  LOL

GFS coming around slowly.  Still looks a lot like its prior run, but it is slowing down.  I think it's heading toward the European solution.  An average of the GFS and Euro timing would be good, IMO.  More precip at better hours.

so, is it good, or bad? can't tell... 

GFS weenie clown map from TT not too shabby. Approximately 3-6 area wide? Running with a blend of this and Euro. :-)

If you are going by 10:1 snow maps verbatim, thats about right. Per WeatherBell maps, looks like 3-6", with more widespread 7-8" amounts for S and Central NJ.

If you are going by 10:1 snow maps verbatim, thats about right. Per WeatherBell maps, looks like 3-6", with more widespread 7-8" amounts for S and Central NJ.

Coolio. I gotcha. 12z Euro can't get here soon enough now. Love where this is going. My wife on the other hand about to beat me down with a snow shovel. Lol.

1.5" for DCA, 3" for Baltimore, 3-5" Northern Maryland on 12z GFS Instantweathermaps

Probably pretty realistic based on the run.

WB map has 4" for DC, 5 for BWI, 5-7" north and NE. 6 at Dover. 1-3" most of S MD, lower shore. Of course none of this really matters lol.

And someone, a met, pointed out recently that snow ratios have more to do with the temps upstairs than the ones on the ground, so just because it's March doesn't mean we get 3:1 ratios or something silly like that.

And someone, a met, pointed out recently that snow ratios have more to do with the temps upstairs than the ones on the ground, so just because it's March doesn't mean we get 3:1 ratios or something silly like that.

Even if it falls at night, with marginal surface temps, still going to need rates to get it done. If the Euro idea is correct(overall colder) I would think 7 or 8:1 is doable.

Archived