SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Presidents Day storm Part 2

Ji

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Other than some wobbles in track and strength of the low, the euro has remained quite consistent irt sensible wx here. That's the primary reason I've only focused on what we can squeeze out before the inevitable flip. Gfs backed down a little. Not a fan of that.

Pretty much my thinking as well. A little something on the front end, inch or two, a brief transition to sleet, freezing rain quickly turning over to rain. Now I am beginning to have my doubts on the front end as I see that slowly going away. I am wondering though if this setup has the makings of a fairly significant ice storm for the far western suburbs abutting the mountains.

But still would offer a severaal inches of snow, quite a bit of ice and then the deluge on Tuesday. 

Track and timing pretty close to GFS but it's colder further east into Tue morning. Gotta think it'll correct more west with that still. I just don't really see how the cold will hold well east of the BR in this setup. But perhaps I'm being dumb not to hedge a bit. Weaker low does make you wonder a bit I suppose, though if it goes right over us there's only so much we can do to stay cold.

I'm not saying the NAM is right in the least, but I think it's funny how it is getting trashed while people are hugging the RGEM, which was awful with the last storm. I had 0 inches. Still wondering where my other 6-12 went.

Also, I wouldn't hold my breath on the backlash snows. I've seen models show that so many times before and you end up getting some flurries or pity snow at the end that doesn't accumulate at all.

Track and timing pretty close to GFS but it's colder further east into Tue morning. Gotta think it'll correct more west with that still. I just don't really see how the cold will hold well east of the BR in this setup. But perhaps I'm being dumb not to hedge a bit. Weaker low does make you wonder a bit I suppose, though if it goes right over us there's only so much we can do to stay cold.

I agree with you and still think the Euro and its babies will end up more right than the GFS.  Luckily,  we don't have to do a snow map until tomorrow. 

I'm not saying the NAM is right in the least, but I think it's funny how it is getting trashed while people are hugging the RGEM, which was awful with the last storm. I had 0 inches. Still wondering where my other 6-12 went.

Also, I wouldn't hold my breath on the backlash snows. I've seen models show that so many times before and you end up getting some flurries or pity snow at the end that doesn't accumulate at all.

No reason to buy back end snows, rarely works around here...even if it did, it would still be mid 30s so it probably wouldnt accumulate much anyway. I think 1-3" for the cities is the best we can hope for before it gets all washed away by 7AM Tues.

Either that or this kind of stuff is said so much that it doesn't matter when or how frequently I pop in.

It's almost comical.  As a (former) remote sensing guy, it is cringe worthy every time I hear it.  Out in the twitterverse, it makes me chuckle but when I see it in here, not so much.  They know better by now.

Archived