joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Presidents Day storm Part 2

Ji

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at the Euro ensembles is anything but inspiring. 2 inch snowfall mean now sits in the far north and west suburbs with 95 being straddled by the 1 1/2 inch mean. Looking at individual members just further supports the general idea of the means. Did notice that the means now show a weak low that tracks over or just west of DC.

Looking at the Euro ensembles is anything but inspiring. 2 inch snowfall mean now sits in the far north and west suburbs with 95 being straddled by the 1 1/2 inch mean. Looking at individual members just further supports the general idea of the means. Did notice that the means now show a weak low that tracks over or just west of DC.

Thanks.  What do they say about ice?  There has been an uptick today in the amout of freezing rain the GFS, GGEM, and their ensembles show for DC.

Thanks.  What do they say about ice?  There has been an uptick today in the amout of freezing rain the GFS, GGEM, and their ensembles show for DC.

Hard to tell using the means. If I were to hazard a guess you wouldn't be talking anything serious until you hit Fredrick county or even west of there. Again more a guess then anything else.

Folks need to relax - there is a sampling network in nw Georgia that the system hasn't reached yet - just not sampled enough to draw hard conclusions...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

good point. I heard the FIM already has those samples in. It being experimental and all. Should probably use that as the basis for my forecast.

Justin Berk is somewhat bullish on this system. 3-5 north and west of the cities and 1 -3 down the 95 corridor.

http://news.justinweather.com/2016/02/13/winter-storm-watch-mon-feb-15-first-call-for-snowfall/

Is Berk being 'somewhat' bullish anything new?...anyway, theres no reason to buy the NAM at this point, its not even close to the the other models, specifically with the WAA precip, it develops some weird wonky low near Norfolk before the main storm?? weird.

LWX isn't hugging the NAM, just read the discussion. They say change to rain east of the BR with patchy icy zones. Everyone's all about the cold air though. The weaker low idea perhaps opens the door for some staying power but otherwise.. think I've already stated my thoughts on that. :P

Archived