• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mezzanine, the 2nd installment

Typhoon Tip

I haven't rode in years, however I've never seen a trail report this sad going into pres day weekend..

http://vtvast.org/trail-conditions-report.html

Edit: this is dated 2/5, but I don't think its changed all that much

I'm on the BoD of VAST and yes, it is that bad.  My home club bought a new groomer this year and it hasn't rolled once so far.  I would venture a guess that 80% of the trails in New England are not rideable right now and that may actually be generous.  My 11 year old son son was amusing himself riding around our yard but even that got wiped out last week.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm on the BoD of VAST and yes, it is that bad.  My home club bought a new groomer this year and it hasn't rolled once so far.  I would venture a guess that 80% of the trails in New England are not rideable right now and that may actually be generous.  My 11 year old son son was amusing himself riding around our yard but even that got wiped out last week.

Sad...some people don't realize how much of an impact a year like this has on VT's economy.  I'm sure VAST enrollment this year is close to an all time low...

NAM jumps 100-150 miles east at first east of NC to the convection that develops on the southeast side of the low, I think this storm will be 100-150 miles further northwest, putting SNE especially from Plymouth to Barnstable counties in the heaviest snows.  This is for the Saturday clipper.  Also the cutter on Tuesday/Wednesday is a major wind concern, perhaps catastrophic winds.

There's still a decent amount of winter left and this storm hasn't happened yet. But this is the model thread where we describe model solutions....at least when we can contain the rest of the off topic drivel. The Euro def went 1980s on us that run.

That said, I get that you've been cliff-diving for the better part of 3 years...it's been a rough stretch there relative to the rest of the region.

It's been a tough stretch here for sure but the entire Pioneer Valley got a 20"+ storm in Feb 2014.

The level of spread in the ensembles tells us how confident we are of a solution....the EC ensembles have pretty huge spread for next week's storm. Not a big surprise though given how we have seen the OP runs shift a lot from run to run.

Right, I thought he was tossing the ensembles (or the mean which is still a cutter track). It was totally my bad.

It doesn't mean we "toss" the OP as a possible solution, it means that it is within the envelope of solutions that also include a good deal of other possibilities.

About KBUF to 40/70

So the point being..anyone locking in the Euro op track and 50's and rain to Quebec City 5 days out is heavily drunk

The mean cuts through NY state. Without seeing the individuals I can make a pretty good guess which side of the spectrum most of them are on.

It isn't 40/70

Archived