Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mezzanine, the 2nd installment

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No qpf worries for WNE on that run.

Awful.  Like someone said earlier...Get that thing further west...Like Ohio and points west type sh*t.  If we can just get to the slim possibility of showers to overcast it would be much appreciated. 

Thanks in advance for your understanding and support.

This looks like a big time wind signal with strong high to the east and low to west

lol. When all else fails, pray for 50's and wind in February. 

Absolutely depressing set up, and the wind can't save it from being anything more than that. 

Awful.  Like someone said earlier...Get that thing further west...Like Ohio and points west type sh*t.  If we can just get to the slim possibility of showers to overcast it would be much appreciated. 

Thanks in advance for your understanding and support.

lol. When all else fails, pray for 50's and wind in February. 

Absolutely depressing set up, and the wind can't save it from being anything more than that. 

If we could get some big time winds of 60-70 mph with lots of tree damage etc..it would ease the pain greatly for me

Based on what?  Each run has been more and more amped

It's 5 days out..The ensemble mean takes it into Se Ne . We typically see globals over trend and then a trend back the other way. SST's are warm. That's why I favor a secondary of some type with primary to our west. Your scenario favors 55-60 and mine favors 35-40

I think what we would want to see is the first shortwave to dive down the ridge outrace the second, which is the one that the models currently are blowing up, and create its own storm. I'm not sure how that would happen with the southern jet as modeled though.

About 48 hours ago or more, the models sort of had the front runner wave be the focus...it was weak, but it produced light overrunning snows and it prevented the one behind it from getting amped up.

Doesn't look like we'll go back to that solution, but even if the front runner is a little stronger between now and next week, it might be enough to push everything a bit east so we're not getting a HV runner.

GFS has a very strong LLJ at 925. Probably would be an inversion as usual.

If it's raining 0.2"/hr with 925 winds 70+, how long would an inversion last?  I'd think even my mega-CAD location would scour pretty quickly.

One "good" thing is that ice jam flooding shouldn't be a huge problem, due to a lack of (much) ice.  The Sandy has open water in some slack-water locations that usually stay ice-covered from mid-Dec into late March.  Kennebec ice caught in AUG last night, for the 3rd time; doubt this one will last any longer than the first two.  Guys who run the smelt camps must be having a grand time.  Found only 10" ice on Flying Pond in Vienna/Mt. Vernon Saturday, about half what is the usual for early Feb.  Last year at this time I'm not sure my hand auger would've reached liquid.

Actually if it's really amped and west, it might actually limit the rainfall amounts. Gotta look at the silver lining if there is one.

There would be a real good silver lining if it went over the Dakotas.lol, Its going to be pretty far west though this run, Probably as far west as we have seen so far

Archived