• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mezzanine, the 2nd installment

Typhoon Tip

This is solely a stat-padder exercise to me...hoping for a miracle double digit event out of this and avoiding rain will be tough. But I'll take a stat padder over nothing.

Believe me, as the ticking of the seasonal clock begins growing ever more audible, I am taking a vested interest in events that I would normally pi$$ on.

As much as I hate math, I need stats for once.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Believe me, as the ticking of the seasonal clock begins growing ever more audible, I am taking a vested interest in events that I would normally pi$$ on.

As much as I hate math, I need stats for once.

As ugly as they are, we get a pretty good amount of "stat-padder" type events...transition events/front enders/inverted troughs/clipper-redevelopers/etc. If we didn't get them, we'd average like 2/3rds of what we average in reality.  

Nobody's forcing people to love the stat-padders, but if you make snowfall forecasts or are rooting for higher seasonal total, then you really need them.

As ugly as they are, we get a pretty good amount of "stat-padder" type events...transition events/front enders/inverted troughs/clipper-redevelopers/etc. If we didn't get them, we'd average like 2/3rds of what we average in reality.

Nobody's forcing people to love the stat-padders, but if you make snowfall forecasts or are rooting for higher seasonal total, then you really need them.

Those are what we've been missing, along with synoptic storms. Though did get a little past two days. But if December at least involved some 3-6" front enders or backside upslope, that moves the winter into just below normal instead of bottom of the septic tank.

I'm not putting much stock in this one until 48hrs out maybe. Too narrow of a thread the needle on the west side.

Haha I figured you were doing better as you haven't posted in the NNE thread in like a couple weeks while VT to Gene talks about toaster sales.

I have sat back and just smh every time i see the models come out in a unfavorable position, Not much sense crowing about something we can't control, Does not mean i don't have some frustration, But i have kind have come to the conclusion that its not happening up here this winter for many

Going to be a real ugly run on the GFS it seems

Can it possibly be worse than 06z?  If that were to verify...   Do a search for 2/2/1976 and BGR.

Or maybe Dec. 26-28, 1969, though the front end thump would be just a few inches instead of the 10-15" that time.  One hopes the RA will stop at 2-3" rather than the 4-7" from the earlier one.  Talk about trash/treasure:  That 1969 event was BTV's biggest snowfall until the 2010 retro-bomb buried them, and the southern Greens were reporting 50"+ at elevation.

Archived