CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Model Mezzanine, the 2nd installment

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well whatever happens ..it's now the EPS vs everything else. Canadian ens and GEFS are still offshore..and the operational guidance with the exception of the GGEM are snow to start even for the coast. Just not going to dislodge arctic air like that as fast as EPS would have you believe. Doesn't mean all snow or ice..but this should at least start as wintry precip before a colder rain takes over.

Well whatever happens ..it's now the EPS vs everything else. Canadian ens and GEFS are still offshore..and the operational guidance with the exception of the GGEM are snow to start even for the coast. Just not going to dislodge arctic air like that as fast as EPS would have you believe. Doesn't mean all snow or ice..but this should at least start as wintry precip before a colder rain takes over.

Canadian ensembles are over you. You are delusional.

My guess it goes right into SNE west of CC.

I think for sure it's going along the 95 corridor but that wedge feature from offshore into the northern MA and SNE is something that could be a factor, it could keep the surface winds ENE or NE much longer than otherwise would be the case. I said in the NYC forum that was what happened in January 87. This is definitely a storm where DCA and PHL could see more snow than NYC and BOS

I think for sure it's going along the 95 corridor but that wedge feature from offshore into the northern MA and SNE is something that could be a factor, it could keep the surface winds ENE or NE much longer than otherwise would be the case. I said in the NYC forum that was what happened in January 87. This is definitely a storm where DCA and PHL could see more snow than NYC and BOS

What do you think about potential significant ice storm with low level cold and the high wedge CAD?

I said yesterday longitude will be important.  But it looks like rain for a lot of the area as of now. Western SNE has a better chance of more snow.

Archived