wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Model Mezzanine, the 2nd installment

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Canadian ensembles are over you. You are delusional.

from WPC overnight:

ENSEMBLES HAVE GONE FROM

NEARLY UNANIMOUS AGREEMENT ON A CLOSE-IN COASTAL TRACK TO A SPLIT

-- THE ECMWF ENSEMBLES MOSTLY INLAND AND THE GEFS/CANADIAN

ENSEMBLES MOSTLY OFFSHORE. OPTED TO TAKE THE LOW BASICALLY ALONG

I-95 FROM SC TO RICHMOND THEN PHILLY AND INTO CENTRAL NEW ENGLAND.

from WPC overnight:

ENSEMBLES HAVE GONE FROM

NEARLY UNANIMOUS AGREEMENT ON A CLOSE-IN COASTAL TRACK TO A SPLIT

-- THE ECMWF ENSEMBLES MOSTLY INLAND AND THE GEFS/CANADIAN

ENSEMBLES MOSTLY OFFSHORE. OPTED TO TAKE THE LOW BASICALLY ALONG

I-95 FROM SC TO RICHMOND THEN PHILLY AND INTO CENTRAL NEW ENGLAND.

They might want to look again. 

Since I hump them so often, I'll simply bend down and whisper it in their ear....

The theme of the morning is 

"I ain't happenin weenies!"

You and many other areas may start as snow. If anyone should be excited, its PF.  I suppose we still have time, but the overall pattern just isn't one for snow unless you are far interior. We shall see.

Nobody noticed that the Ski areas and Maine NH Vt WMA get smoked on the Euro? MPM needs to shut up about that run. Just for others than ESNE. The Euro gives 8-12 total this run for all the Berks guys from Westfield to MPM to Hunchie. ALL VT NH except the second coastal plain,all of NH and all of Maine receive 1-2 feet of snow.

You and many other areas may start as snow. If anyone should be excited, its PF.  I suppose we still have time, but the overall pattern just isn't one for snow unless you are far interior. We shall see.

well I'm in Savannah now....but I come home 19th -23rd, timed perfectly for the torch.  I hope there is snow left.  NNE and NYS are really really due and need this badly for economic reasons.  I will be rooting them on.  I think I return in early March to lots of chances before spring comes.

Nobody noticed that the Ski areas and Maine NH Vt WMA get smoked on the Euro? MPM needs to shut up about that run. Just for others than ESNE. The Euro gives 8-12 total this run for all the Berks guys from Westfield to MPM to Hunchie. ALL VT NH except the second coastal plain,all of NH and all of Maine receive 1-2 feet of snow.

I think you are looking at the second low.

First one has 925mb temps above 0C from north of Augusta to near Stowe at hr 132. 

We are talking about the 1st storm on the Euro. Places like MPM, HIPPY. and Dave get a couple of sloppy inches at the beginning. Not sure if Westfield in the lower valley would even get that.

That makes them correct?

No but with the GFS correcting west the goalposts are narrowing. This is coming inland somewhere in SNE most likely, the best case scenario may give us an inch or two at the start and the rain. Perhaps areas like here avoid the real warmth and stay in the 30s but the temps aloft furnace.

Archived