joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mezzanine, the 2nd installment

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't rode in years, however I've never seen a trail report this sad going into pres day weekend..

http://vtvast.org/trail-conditions-report.html

Its a bad year, Saw some pics from the tug, Very sad indeed, Far NW Maine is ok, But you would be doing a lot of off trail stuff for where the best snows are plus bringing in your fuel to boot

I think this winter is still a win considering how close many of us are to our yearly normal in snowfall - especially given the fact that this was a super el-nino. In fact, a lot of posts stated that the pattern looks good again in the LR. Many of us may still get above average in snowfall, would not take much.

That being said - the latest guidance makes me feel for the interior folks who continue to suffer. Lets hope the models adjust a little to help them out with this storm.

grinch1989, on 11 Feb 2016 - 1:42 PM, said:grinch1989, on 11 Feb 2016 - 1:42 PM, said:

I haven't rode in years, however I've never seen a trail report this sad going into pres day weekend..

http://vtvast.org/trail-conditions-report.html

Edit: this is dated 2/5, but I don't think its changed all that much

Folks have been sledding in the open fields to the north of where I work. Not much base, but just enough to manage.

I think this winter is still a win considering how close many of us are to our yearly normal in snowfall - especially given the fact that this was a super el-nino. In fact, a lot of posts stated that the pattern looks good again in the LR. Many of us may still get above average in snowfall, would not take much.

That being said - the latest guidance makes me feel for the interior folks who continue to suffer. Lets hope the models adjust a little to help them out with this storm.

This winter blows n of pike/interior...so far..

Haha I just looked at the ECMWF and it is finding all sorts of ways to make us hate this winter.

Arctic cold, cutter, arctic cold then another mix to rain at Day 9.

The models went from 31 inches to inches of rain here in 6 hours.  Play sad music and return in 6 hours.

It serviceable but far from what is normally up there

Northern Aroostook county is actually doing fine with sledding...most trails are in Good shape.  But that's a whole different world than Vermont, New Hampshire and NY.  

If you ride from Ash to Portage to FT Kent its not real bad, But i would advise some ice scratchers as there is a lot of hard pack, They have had some snow up there this week, But its very thin on the east side towards CAR, The real problem has been lack of cold with water bars on the trails and thru the bogs

I have not even rolled the sled off the trailer yet or even registered it

i registered, but still on the trailer. was going to pull it off tomorrow to take a spin around the neighborhood, but with rain coming next week, not going to bother. oh well, there is always next year.

i registered, but still on the trailer. was going to pull it off tomorrow to take a spin around the neighborhood, but with rain coming next week, not going to bother. oh well, there is always next year.

Have not had the chance this season to get away up to my usual spots to ride Eustis/Jackman, I was going to have to rely on more locally but that ship has sailed

I was told i was overreacting a day or two ago when I stated that I thought it was headed to a 1980s example of winter misery...i know a lot less than most of you guys and I thought the writing was on the wall with this one days ago

There's still a decent amount of winter left and this storm hasn't happened yet. But this is the model thread where we describe model solutions....at least when we can contain the rest of the off topic drivel. The Euro def went 1980s on us that run.

That said, I get that you've been cliff-diving for the better part of 3 years...it's been a rough stretch there relative to the rest of the region.

Archived