joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 8th-9th Obs/Discussion Thread

mappy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These norluns can be pretty dynamic though, right?  I'm not saying the NAM is right but the idea that someone gets dumped on isn't too crazy.

Oh, I totally agree..with these types of features, there's usually some surprises and somebody gets dumped on...I just don't think it'll be like the NAM shows.  I'd favor the usual suspects.  

Usually .5 to 1 inch more than town.  One storm we got over an inch and the Burg had nothing.

You still have at least 50 percent areal snowpack coverage too, some of which is at least 8 inches deep. Actually the 8 inch amts might be more toward CharlesTown, but even so you have some snow depth in place. You'll do well. Enjoy it.

Like I always say, If you got the climo, you'll get the snow.

Temps in 4k NAM look similar to the Euro (maybe a little cooler in the afternoon on Tuesday but that's probably because it shows more snow than the Euro during that time). Still, while the precip is almost guaranteed to be overdone, the temp profiles look better. At least when comparing this run to the 12z Euro... and what previous runs of the RGEM have been spitting out.

Archived