joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/23-24/16 #1 All Time KNYC Snowfall-please add Obs, Accums, Pics

WeatherFox

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep. Even had tears of joy today thinking what I've gone through to get to this.

I'm wondering how long it takes before someone relies on the 84 hour NAM again. It's unreal the victory that model scored, both in track and QPF. Wow.

It brings me tears of joy to hear you finally positive about a storm!

Estimating 23 Montclair... We were neck and neck with the city but that epic band missed us to the south.

Wind and snow consistency stand out for me... And the fact that it was mainly daytime. But have seen heavier rates in several others.

nice one. considering you were right on the gradient inside 24hrs practically and it was such a tough call. but then we started marching N with guidance and the euro choked. 

Yep. Even had tears of joy today thinking what I've gone through to get to this.

I'm wondering how long it takes before someone relies on the 84 hour NAM again. It's unreal the victory that model scored, both in track and QPF. Wow.

I paid it some attention this time because of its run to run consistency. It never waivered. When the short range models started to fall in line, I thought we were in for a huge storm.

NAM busted pretty bad on the northern edge of the precip band.  The Poughkeepsie crew was not so happy about how this storm played out.  People only remember how a model performed based on QPF in their backyards.  A true assessment of model performance would require statistical analysis of several parameters.

NAM busted pretty bad on the northern edge of the precip band. The Poughkeepsie crew was not so happy about how this storm played out. People only remember how a model performed based on QPF in their backyards. A true assessment of model performance would require statistical analysis of several parameters.

I'm from that area and at first overdone but it corrected and was much better for most other areas than other models

Going with 31" in Berkeley heights nj measured all day wiping the board every 90 mins or so. From 2-5 I saw the heaviest snow I ever saw. We took the dog on a hour walk through the woods during the height of it. Right along 78 it was just amazing getting in one band after another just training over this area. For me 96, bdb, and now 16 three try amazing blizzards. Will never forget today

It was a tough forecast in out area, and I went too conservative. The NAM model burned me bad last year. I had a feeling it would end up north of the other models and it did only wished I went for more. It was a great storm to watch, most likely one of the best I ever saw. Maybe the Lindsey storm was better for me when I lived in Oceanside, LI. When I was 14 back then. The the snow drifts went up to my second floor bedroom. At my house there was bare ground and 15 foot snow drifts. It was also the storm the peaked my interest in meteorology. BTW Cobble Hill's snowfall measurement was impossible to do. There was blowing, drifting, people walking all over and the snow plows.

It was a tough forecast in out area, and I went too conservative. The NAM model burned me bad last year. I had a feeling it would end up north of the other models and it did only wished I went for more. It was a great storm to watch, most likely one of the best I ever saw. Maybe the Lindsey storm was better for me when I lived in Oceanside, LI. When I was 14 back then. The the snow drifts went up to my second floor bedroom. At my house there was bare ground and 15 foot snow drifts. It was also the storm the peaked my interest in meteorology. BTW Cobble Hill's snowfall measurement was impossible to do. There was blowing, drifting, people walking all over and the snow plows.

Kudos, Mitchel. :thumbsup:

Archived