joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/23-24/16 #1 All Time KNYC Snowfall-please add Obs, Accums, Pics

WeatherFox

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do totally get Yehuda's point. "Jonas" is about the worst possible name anyone could come up with for a storm like this. "Nemo" and "Juno" similarly-cartoon characters, for what shut down New England, and the eastern suburbs of NYC too. It's just easier toggling a name than a date in your head. I remember the bigger ones-2/8/13 for "Nemo", 1/25/15 for "Juno", but for the more mediocre, forget it. 

nemo is the reason why

And for some reason, I only think and refer to that storm in February 2013 as Nemo.  I even think of Finding Nemo lol.  Besides that, I go by dates for all other storms, especially big ones.

And wow at NYC's record.  I hope they break it somehow by the next measurement.  Too close and good of a storm to miss out on it.

I hate it too, but it's better than remembering the dates. "Juno" was 1/25/15, "Nemo" was 2/8/13? Admittedly, "Jonas" is a hugely lame name for a storm like this. 

Disagree.  I remember those dates, but I am thoroughly perplexed about which name is which date.  It doesn't make it any easier that there are 17 different midwest light - moderate clippers that also have names.  Its really quite absurd.

So today's storm is Juno?  Or was it Nemo?

I do totally get Yehuda's point. "Jonas" is about the worst possible name anyone could come up with for a storm like this. "Nemo" and "Juno" similarly-cartoon characters, for what shut down New England, and the eastern suburbs of NYC too. It's just easier toggling a name than a date in your head. I remember the bigger ones-2/8/13 for "Nemo", 1/25/15 for "Juno", but for the more mediocre, forget it.

Fwiw, I'm not annoyed or upset, it just bugs me. Like accuweather "real feel" and espn QBR.

I just dislike private corporation naming of public things.

Nothing personal. Hope I didn't offend you.

Archived