joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/23-24/16 #1 All Time KNYC Snowfall-please add Obs, Accums, Pics

WeatherFox

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going with 31" in Berkeley heights nj measured all day wiping the board every 90 mins or so. From 2-5 I saw the heaviest snow I ever saw. We took the dog on a hour walk through the woods during the height of it. Right along 78 it was just amazing getting in one band after another just training over this area. For me 96, bdb, and now 16 three try amazing blizzards. Will never forget today

You wiped every 90 minutes lol? Way to inflate your totals . U probably had 20 tops than

Wow, I couldn't have said it better myself.  As someone who loves weather but doesn't get more than half of the stuff you guys say, this whole week on here has been amazing.  I must've checked these forums hundreds of times this past week. The ups (NAM) and downs (euro) of each run was, as weird as it might sound, really something special and fun.  

Every contributor to the discussion on this forum is awesome, and from us people who just kind of follow along, thank you.  

I too have been a lurker for a couple of years now, and want to thank all of you for the insight. I wake up and check the site quite frequently and when I tell my wife I'm just checking out the European Models, I get a funny look. 

This was an amazing storm, light flurries still here in Dix Hills, I measured 26"

Hey guys, what a job that was to remove the snow as I'm sure you all know lol.  We broke out the rarely needed tape measure and checked many different spots around the property, front and back.  We got totals that ranged from 20-24" so we averaged it to 22".  A trained spotter in our town went out at 8:05 and measured 22.5", so 22" is fine by me.  Amazing storm around this area, and I have to say it had some of the hardest snow rates I've ever seen.  Definitely one for the books.

And yes-I'll join in. Congrats NAM. :thumbsup:

Does that mean I'll trust you over the RGEM, Euro, GFS, etc, when they contradict you from here on out? Hell no. A blind squirrel finds a nut every so often. NAM humpers-remember how it performed last January with Juno.

That wasn't Juno and this isn't Jonas. We need to stop with TWC Crap.

I hate that the public embraced it so quickly.

And how 30" cleans up in Manhattan. My town might not see a clean sidewalk for a couple of days, given what I heard about what went on there. 

haha you saw that sidewalk too? I was thinking the same thing LOL!

btw.  some of the best pics were the ones you posted from around your house earlier in the day, amazing stuff

Archived