• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Catacol
    Newest Member
    Catacol
WxUSAF

January and #HECS2016 Banter Thread

What image extension do we have to use on here?

I'd just get the url of the image and then click the icon that looks like a photo, even saves you the space on your computer. You can upload them to Imgur and then get the url. 

Everyone is like "I hope it's not as bad as expected" and I'm like

ARE YOU ALL ****ING CRAZY

Coworkers are saying stuff like "Do you really think we're going to get a big storm?" and "I bet it won't end up being much" and I have to wonder how they are able to function in their lives when they can be so oblivious.

Since this is the banter thread let me just say I'm envious of folks safely within the 2-3 feet zone of snow on all models. Richmond is the dividing line, as always, and damn it makes it hard to truly sit back and enjoy these things!

Ltrain....smh

It was a joke. You really think I would do that knowing how the clique would jump on me? lol. I was having some fun and trying to be sarcastic. But everything is serious around here. Bob and some others were nice about it though

It was a joke. You really think I would do that knowing how the clique would jump on me? lol. I was having some fun and trying to be sarcastic. But everything is serious around here. Bob and some others were nice about it though

ooooooooooooooook. 

Under-rated thing I had forgotten I do in storms like this - google each VA locality as people report snow to figure out how close to DC.

this plus having the Virginia 511 website open to watch the traffic cameras  

Under-rated thing I had forgotten I do in storms like this - google each VA locality as people report snow to figure out how close to DC.

I have COD radar open and mPING website to see who is reporting what. 

Anyway, everything is good. Hopefully everyone gets blasted. I have a better chance or losing power here than hitting the 20" mark. We lose power very easily in this area. But in the 16 years I've lived here I never lost power during a snowstorm. Fingers cvrossed :/

But in the 16 years I've lived here I never lost power during a snowstorm. Fingers cvrossed :/

*cringe* Dude, Mr Murphy's ears just got that message. Kiss of death statement made. Better start crossing every appendage you have.

Anyone else (mets or non-met weathernerds like me) feel like their credibility among non-weather people is kind of riding on this thing not busting

As always it is, but nobody here is worried about a bust.  :santa:  

That high wind warning has me a bit worried. 18-24" of snow with 65 MPH gusts is unreal, and incredibly dangerous.

yup. going to be filling up the tub tonight before bed so we have some water to flush toilets should we lose power. have plenty of bottled water to drink, plenty of food that doesn't need to be cooked and layers can be put on. but dammit, when i gotta go.. i gotta go ;)