joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pre-storm Banter Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me and my son are going to set up his gopro for timelapse. I'm going to move my deck table against the house and set up the camera by the window. I won't be able to get the overnight stuff but the nuking should look pretty cool. I'm going to clear half the table at dawn. If it works I'll stick it on youtube and link it up here. 

I just remembered that I also have one of those. Trying to think of a good spot for it. I have some nice LED lighting outside by the driveway now too, so that might allow me to catch some overnight if the window doesn't get plastered. 

As fast as the snow that fell last night has been melting, I doubt there will be any driving problems Saturday or Sunday. Plus, we'll have another 2-3 days toward the summer solstice worth of increased sunlight. And I've reached that conclusion without figuring in additional evaporation of the snow from the 30-40mph winds. Roads should be fine on Monday. Sorry teachers and kids.  :(

Is this sarcasm?  I really can't tell.

Snowed here for about 36 hours in '96 and I measured 37" (in Front Royal at the time).  If it snow for just as long, or even a bit longer, then........

'96 was a colder storm though so the ratios probably were a little better.  I suspect there will be multiple (verified) reports of 36+ on Sunday.  Probably a bunch of bogus ones also.

Start time was pretty similar in '10 on a Friday and OPM simply went with a telework/unscheduled leave day. Wonder if it will be different this time.

Started at 8:30 AM here, but nothing stuck until late afternoon.  Estimate that I lost 4" in possible accumulations.  Thrilled when the models pushed this start time from mid-morning to mid-to-late afternoon.  The early light and moderate snows will fall into a less hostile sun-angle.  Should be little wasted accumulation at the start with this one.

Archived