• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Pre-storm Banter Thread

WxUSAF

Start time was pretty similar in '10 on a Friday and OPM simply went with a telework/unscheduled leave day. Wonder if it will be different this time.

Yeah, similar time.  I recall some light snow in the early afternoon but it didn't really get going with accumulating until 3-4PM where I'm at.  The Fed gov't sent everyone home 4 hours early that Friday (I left around noon or shortly after), though they probably also had the telework option too like you said.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey MiddleRvr...hope you recovered from that nasty cold OK by now!! In time to enjoy the storm!

Thanks! Yup, over the bug, my relief will be able to get here before the snow does (if he doesn't show, there'll be another number added to the Baltimore murder rate)

And fully stocked up for quiche, meatloaf, chili and PBJ's if power is lost!

Bring on the Snowgasmic storm!!!!

24 hours from now local radar will be showing the advancing edge approaching...one of my favorite parts of a big storm is radar hawking and first flakes...

i want a solid cloud deck in by morning to lock in all the cold air and no sun.  Then let it rip

24 hours from now local radar will be showing the advancing edge approaching...one of my favorite parts of a big storm is radar hawking and first flakes...

and not a single one of us will be getting any work done as we all radar watch

I remember a couple of years ago...I think it was Feb. 2013 and I was visiting friends up in philly. And we were supposed to get 2 feet of snow and we got like an inch.... Is there anyway that something like that happens here? I mean it seems like it is a sure thing... Whose to say it doesn't change at the last minute! I hope not!!!!

Do you think it is possible that we are gonna have widespread power outages?  Do you think that they will need to haul snow as opposed to plow it.  I am too young but my dad tells me that in 2003 a lot of lost power and a lot of people couldnt get out of their homes at all!

Welcome! I can't believe so many people avoided to answer your questions. The first two are possible scenarios. If you weren't here in 2010, you're in for a wild ride! 2003 was not as bad as that as far as I recall. There's a good chance several of us will be snowed in much of next week.

We need to be nicer to the new folks!

Hey, in the disco thread you mentioned guts up to 60 on and near the Bay. I didn't think those of us along the West side if the Bay were getting that level of wind.

Wes may bolt his deck chairs, but thanks to your post, I'll be stacking mine in a corner!

Thanks for the info! :)

Hey, in the disco thread you mentioned guts up to 60 on and near the Bay. I didn't think those of us along the West side if the Bay were getting that level of wind.

Wes may bolt his deck chairs, but thanks to your post, I'll be stacking mine in a corner!

Thanks for the info! :)

So relevant for banter ;)

I remember a couple of years ago...I think it was Feb. 2013 and I was visiting friends up in philly. And we were supposed to get 2 feet of snow and we got like an inch.... Is there anyway that something like that happens here? I mean it seems like it is a sure thing... Whose to say it doesn't change at the last minute! I hope not!!!!

Laurel might have very serious mixing issues...

Archived