joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pre-storm Banter Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of, when does everyone plan to catch up on sleep? I think I may sleep from 0z Euro run tonight to as late as possible tomorrow morning.

I'm not even going to stay up for the Euro I think. I will sleep as much as possible so I can stay up during the storm itself ;)

Speaking of, when does everyone plan to catch up on sleep? I think I may sleep from 0z Euro run tonight to as late as possible tomorrow morning.

I am done global model watching. Gonna go home, have a few drinks, and sleep for 12 hours. If anything changed I will find out in the morning. I need some damn sleep before this thing finally gets going irl.

I unpinkied your posts.  I would caution some of black ops to lighten it up just a teeny bit.  Your post was on topic

I was just trying to add to the discussion.  I think it's pretty common for models to lighten up as you get  close in.  I think it helps to know that.  I honestly was trying to be helpful.

Thanks for the support, and apologies to anyone I might have offended.  It just irked me a little. 

I heard Tony Pann said mixing will be a concern?

We've talked about this before, but you may have missed that exchange from yesterday - Channel 11 uses the RPM for their stuff which is not a model most of us acknowledge as being particularly good, especially at range. In any event, the RPM is showing mixing which is what he is saying. The globals generally don't have that for the Balt area - but, if the storm wraps up and comes too close, mixing is always a possibility. The Euro which just ran was cold throughout with no mixing concerns I don't believe, for comparisons sake.

We've talked about this before, but you may have missed that exchange from yesterday - Channel 11 uses the RPM for their stuff which is not a model most of us acknowledge as being particularly good, especially at range. In any event, the RPM is showing mixing which is what he is saying. The globals generally don't have that for the Balt area - but, if the storm wraps up and comes too close, mixing is always a possibility. The Euro which just ran was cold throughout with no mixing concerns I don't believe, for comparisons sake.

I was being sarcastic.  :popcorn:

Archived